Site is down?

grand_dm
grand_dm

This is a little disheartening after I just paid for a year of membership.

Comments

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Just checked, it's back up. Unfortunately, websites go down sometimes, I know that doesn't make you feel any better, especially since you've paid to get the ascendant access, but OP support has been better lately about getting the site back up quickly.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• nicholsvictoria2
    nicholsvictoria2

Well check again, Can't add New Adventure Log, can't preview, white screen for hours, ; Can not preview. Can not embed media. And so once again after you pay for a new year it stops working.

Same old same old
    Post edited by nicholsvictoria2 on
  • HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

I am having trouble adding pictures myself.  When I click on the edit button it goes into that mode but its not formatted correctly sometimes.  Almost like it isn't loading correctly.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• ArmandoPenblade
    ArmandoPenblade

Yep, I'm also getting the malformed Wiki edit page right now where I can't upload images/media.

• The_Wanderer_Master
    The_Wanderer_Master

Hello, I am having same problems too, malformed wiki page doesn't allow me to update images. Thank you.

My campaign (ITA): sfa.obsidianportal.com

• somasatori
    somasatori

Is anyone else having problems attempting to create a campaign? I keep hitting a server error (500) message.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

It appears to be site wide :( 

Lots of issues right now, see the other discussions in the General area.

• nicholasevantonelli
    nicholasevantonelli

Same, issues persist. It's more than a week now that I haven't been able to use these features.

• GingerGeek
    GingerGeek

I can't make a new campaign going on a week now. I'm about to just use google docs and be done with it. Thing is there's no response from the site about it.

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

It is pretty sporadic at best.  One time it works then the next I get the errors and lack of functionality again.  Now it is giving me the 502 errors and not loading pages at all.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• Robling
    Robling

Still no comment on the state of affairs via Social Media. Sad face.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Anyone??  Bueller?  Bueller?

Just trying to help out.

• Galero
    Galero

I'm having the same issues in my campaigns for a few weeks now. I entered a ticket. Someone has received any answer on the tickets opened?

• CrysmalonDM
    CrysmalonDM

Just a simple 502 bad gateway error for today, 2/28/18.  Very frustrating.

• CrysmalonDM
    CrysmalonDM

I opened a ticket, will let everyone know if I hear anything back.

• Violet_Dragon64
    Violet_Dragon64

I opened a ticket two days ago and haven't received a response yet. Since this seems to be a long standing issue of at least a week I think they are either flooded or ignoring the issue. Honestly, I don't understand the radio silence on this one. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

• Violet_Dragon64
    Violet_Dragon64

Also, I have noticed that my stream only shows that I have updated a page from two hours ago and doesn't show the newer content. So they might be having some sort of rolling server issue that isn't consistently down since I can randomly get on and do things that do show up, but technically haven't been added to the stream? Don't know if that is even close to correct. Just a thought...

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Currently seeing lots of "Bad Gateway 503" errors.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Sorry, typo, "502 Bad Gateway" errors

• Lwitherspoon
    Lwitherspoon

Let’s try to stay constructive here. 

I prefer to think of it like this: My campaign is now set in a world with different areas or “pages” connected by many portals or “gateways” made of obsidian. Some malign force has caused all the portals to malfunction. There is only a strange symbol that can be seen at each gateway that translates into the number 502. All the people cry out to the gods for help or at least an explanation. But no answer is forthcoming. It is up to us mortals. 

With this kind of setup happening, adventurers are bound to drop by and set things aright. 

• mlesnews
    mlesnews

Dear OPAdmin Jameela;

Please check into embedding for YouTube as it is not currently working.  I've tried both methods, using the code block and the URL field. While the post is in Edit Mode, the video seems to be working but then when it is saved the post gets corrupted.  Going back into Edit Mode a window popup prompts me to compare and restore the autosaved version.  For some reason, additional lines of code get added to the original source.  Viewing the post, it contains garbage HTML code from the embedded iframe.  You looked into this last Nov 2017 and resolved the issue by contacting your developer Naz, who fixed it.  Thanks in advance for looking into this.  I am a recent annual subscriber and I'm finding all of the web traffic issues with 500 series error gateway codes and embedding issues very disheartening.  Please do the right thing for your customers.

• madamemunky
    madamemunky

Have a new error code now. Not sure how to interpret it but maybe it will help diagnose the issue.

jQuery17207561718353295344_1519929033643({"uniqueid":151050,"name":"madamemunky","username":"madamemunky","email":"[email protected]","photourl":"https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/images/4529410/121b5f3580893f4c98a1fde7e4e3e_thumb_48.jpg","clientid":"245220969","signature":"5b03c1ec74ed75e14df696e64619551c";});