Editing Permissions

BillOlmesdahl
BillOlmesdahl

I'm very new here. My group is making the transition from using EpicWords to Obsidian Portal and it's going pretty well. The only issue I seem to be having is everyone is able to edit everything I put up. I don't see any way to set the permissions. Is my campaign bugged or is this a current issue? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Comments

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

It is not an issue. OP is built so that anyone can edit anything in a campaign, well accept anything that is specifically GM related, GM Secrets etc. The idea is that everyone in the group is working together to tell a story in the game, so anyone can edit anything campaign related. Hopefully you've got a group where everyone wants to work together on the story you guys are telling and no one wants to be a pain and cause issues.

I know I've run games in OP where I was glad my players could edit anything non-GM related, because for one campaign specifically, I had heavy player buy in with them creating NPCs while we played and they all helped enhance and make it a great campaign!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• BillOlmesdahl
    BillOlmesdahl

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Appreciated!

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

You're welcome! I was under the same impression as far as editing was concerned when I also first started using OP, but someone explained it to me and after hearing the explanation, I understood.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life