Is there a way to see the styling code of another campaign?

LycanthropianDM
LycanthropianDM

Out of curiosity, is there a way to see the html/textile/css etc. code of someone else's campaign? For example, if I wanted to see the format code for how someone did a specific style layout on their home page, is there a way to do so?

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

Yes, it takes a small amount of navigation. Find the campaign you want to know more about, right click the campaign's page and select view page source. Nearly 40 lines down you will see a link:

<link href="/themes/custom_css.css?cc=1515364305" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Click that link, and it takes you to the pages entire CSS, including the non-customized stuff. Scroll down this new page until you see:

/* User Custom CSS */

Everything below that is that campaign's customized CSS.

Following another person's code logic... well... that's on you. Or you could ask them ;-)

-bort

• Abersade
    Abersade

Hey, not all of us are terrible at notating our code. XD

EDIT: It occurs to me that I don't really do anything terribly fancy with my CSS, and that those of you who do might not have the overhead space available for all that commenting luggage to explain things. Let me update my previous statement to instead state the following: Hey, not all of us (who have the available CSS space to burn because we're mediocre coders) are terrible at notating our code. XD
    Post edited by Abersade on

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Bortas
    Bortas

It wasn't a generalized accusation, more of an acknowledgement of following another's code logic, with only code context, can be... challenging, even with good commenters. :-)

-bort

• cgregory
    cgregory

Personally, I find the easiest way to understand the styling code of another campaign is to use the inspect element feature of firefox (or chrome). This allows be to look at the code that is being used in certain parts of their website that are interesting to me without having to figure out their entire css. Plus inspect element is great at troubleshooting css issues since I can temporarily edit another campaign's css.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016