Is this a sinking ship or should I invest time and creativity here?

Meister_Phil
Meister_Phil
edited January 2018 in Campaign Portal Building

I read about a lot of problems with the site.

My question is quite simple: What do you think? Does it make sense to invest time and energy (eventually also money) here or is it broken beyond repair?

So far I ran into two problems: My uploaded map doesn't get processed and players seem to be unable to join my campaign.

Post edited by Meister_Phil on

Comments

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

It is a damaged ship but not sinking is going to be most of people's responses (I hope). Yes there are problems and the communication with the devs is slow but luckily it is not nonexistent. MOST of the problems are relatively minor and the more dedicated members of the community are amazing. 

Worst case scenario you are out a few bucks and some time and energy. You can always export most of your creation to another space if you ever find one that suits your needs better. 

As for your issues how big is your map and what pic format is it in? I recently uploaded a map with no issue so it might be a very specific file issue. 

Do you mind if I or another community member tries to join your campaign? That way we can try to pinpoint the issue. 

I hope you decide to stay with OP and we see you around the community. 

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I agree with Jaymes. Obsidian Portal has issues, yes, but it's still far and away the best online campaign management site you're going to find today.

I've tried to keep my site relatively uncomplicated, especially in light of some of the recurring long-term problems we've been experiencing. I don't embed anything in my pages or get too crazy with my CSS, and my campaign hasn't had too many hiccups.

As for the email issue, I found that the fastest and easiest way to invite new players is to skip the email part altogether. Have your players create an OP account and tell you what their Usernames are, then invite those Usernames into your campaign. It worked instantaneously for me.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Good work around for adding players to your campaigns UselessTriviaMan!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• weasel0
    weasel0

There's a recent thread here with a number of people talking about having just re/upped their subscription(a few of them right here in your thread).