pressning tags give no search result

tomo_inc

I can't seem to get tags to work properly. I can add them to pages, and when using the "See all pages" function i can search for them but i can't click them. Or rather, i can click them but that takes me to a empty page. I can see all existing tags in the bottom right and how many pages have each tag but there are no results. It's the same with every tag.

Every other campaign have this figured out but i must be missing something. I am grateful for any help!

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0

Tags.....are just wonky right now. Mostly don't work, but sometimes might. Known issue. 

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Broken for years.

Just trying to help out.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Tags are working now

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Actually, still not working- happy to show the result, but has been the same for over 2 years... They say it is in my coding, but they never answered how to fix it...

Just trying to help out.

• weasel0
    weasel0

2 ways to check it. Make them go and dig through your code and their code to see where the conflicts are or try it with your code removed. If it still doesn't work you can copy your code back in and be right. To be honest, it's not really their job to debug your code/check your code against theirs. So that leaves the final method to verify who's code it is. You need to figure out how your code is interacting with theirs. I'd be pissed at having to do it too after them not taking care of their end properly and having to change my end after all the coding you've done(twice at least) but that's just where we are.

• cgregory
    cgregory

It is killvervp's code. He put inline divs styling that screw up the tags search display and he also hides tags in his css but I'm guessing he does that because his inline div styling is screwing the tags up.

They are among us!

• Bortas
    Bortas

Wow, good spot cgregory! KVP: perhaps a code update is in order, let us know if you are still broken?

-bort

• cgregory
    cgregory

The original poster Tomo_inc, his tags are definitely not working. The tags are being saved, but not linked to pages.  There should be 5 pages appearing in the results pane. Now it is possible that if the tags were created before the fix, then they never got linked to a page properly.

They are among us!

• Bortas
    Bortas

cgregory: I've found the number after the tag to be misleading: it will count all pages that have that tag, but only display pages in the search that are public. Seems to me search should produce results based on user status (public, player, gm).

Unless I've wildly misjudged it.

-bort

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Yes, CGregory told me how to fix this.

Just trying to help out.

• Doc_Webb
    Doc_Webb

I'm having the exact same problem as illustrated by CGregory in their post, above. Is there a fix for this? Did I goof somehow in creating my pages? As far as I can tell, they're not set to GM Only -- is there another option to make them public?

• Brynnan
    Brynnan

I created several types of pages.  Added a few tags.  They can't be searched as shown above. Not sure how my "coding" could be an issue.