Plot Club a Ghost Town so coming here for help

Keryth987
Keryth987

OK, so, The Plot Club is pretty much dead. So, with that in mind, and the fact that none of my players come to these forums, I am coming to all of you in general for assistance/brainstorming/suggestions/etc.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm working on Season 4 of Shadows. I have some rough ideas, but need help fleshing them all out. Any and all suggestions and such are appreciated. In other words, Help me formulate a better idea of my forthcoming campaign.

Here is what I have so far:

Campaign Ideas for Season 4

Wedding between Ariel, Princess of the Mermaids, and Ardhiel, Prince of the Cintran Elves. This wedding will solidify an alliance not only between the Merfolk and Elves, but between the Elves and Olympians, being Triton, Ariel’s father, is Poseidon’s son.

Several powers/beings seek the shards of the Archangel’s (The big bad from Season 3) halo. Her having been the Archangel of Fate and Prophecy, even a single shard is powerful

Each PC will be investigating the disappearance of one of the former PCs

The body of Janice Sanderson (Season 3 PC)  is now possessed and fully controlled by a Denarien, Saluvial. Janice DID get the oblivion she sought, but Odin’s plan for her body was subverted by Loki, who in turn had the body stolen from him by Rosanna, at the behest of Tessa, magically preserved, until Saluvial’s coin was placed inside the body and The Dark Valkyrie was born. (Tessa is 2nd in command of the Denariens, and Rosanna is her strong right hand)

One of the investigations will involve violent, ritualistic murders, including ”House” Papadopolis, as well as Detective Damien Knight of the NYPD UCU

Four factions involved in looking for the Shards.:

• Baron Samedei’s Voodoo Cult

• Baron Samedei, former apprentice to Adrika Niranjana.

• Has shard of Adrika’s Phylactery which enhances his magic

• Recovered several pages of The Niranjana Manuscript which a member of Anonymous somehow obtained and sold to him

• Knows that the Shards of the Archangel’s Halo can give him unimaginable power

• The Formor

• Want the marriage stopped. Alliance between the Cintran Elves and Olympus (via The Merfollk) would be horrible for them

• Still at war with Lucciano and Escobado, but slowly winning

• Most conflicts occur in and around South street Seaport

• The Shop (The Aegis, New Magical Division)

• New To the scene

• Science Division still works out of the restored Pit beneath Fort Wadsworth, under the direction of Tesla.

• The Aegis is a subdivision, dealing purely with magic (an ironically missing the fact that Tesla’s creations are all form Sponsored Magic.

• The Aegis is The Shops/CIA’s poor attempt at creating their own Agency

• Mostly clueless, with 2 or 3 effective agents

• The Denarians

• Retrieval of The Archangel’s halo would bring immense power beyond even the dreams of Nicodemus himself to whoever controlled it.

• The Dark Valkyrie possesses two of the shards.

• Numerous ‘In Nomine’ demons and more traditional infernal creatures as allies

Comments

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Wow. So nothing here but complaints about OP?

Guess I came looking for some assistance in the wrong place then

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

The vibrant community has left the building sadly.

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I regretfully do not know you campaign well enough to contribute anything useful. Based on my limited knowledge of your campaign that I gathered while stealing ideas for my own dresden game I can simply say I am envious of your highly detailed evolving plot and wish you luck, 

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

What Dresden Campaign and what did you borrow? :)

Just curious

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Can't promise that I will be able to give you any ideas as I've been suffering from writers block for my own games, but if I think of something, I'll post it here Keryth987.

My writers block is why I'm currently running a Kingmaker game! :-)

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I still have it set to private since it is in the planning stage. I was looking for story ideas and l liked how you added the different universes into the dresdenverse. I was also looking for how to develop aspects and themes for locations since I haven't ever used this system before so it is a new concept for me. 

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well James, feel free to borrow whatever you want. And if you need any assistance, let me know

• cgregory
    cgregory

No plot ideas, but perhaps suggesting some books/series might help. All of these have the elements of urban fantasy and a multi pantheon.

The Hellequin Chronicles by Steve McHigh has the multi pantheon granted it does focus more on the greek gods more. Avalon being the law and order of the supernatural world.

The Vegas Fae series by Tom Keller might also give you some ideas regarding the shop.

The Divine Series by M.R. Forbes or his Ghost and Magic series both are possibilities. I find M.R. Forbes comes up with interesting “what if” premises.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• weasel0
    weasel0

I just recently finished a trilogy of books called They Who Fell that chronicles a small group of humans 10 years after there's a second rebelling of angels in heaven, who are cast to earth instead of the Pit with Lucifer. Neat read. They're upset there was no Second coming of the Son and are now bound to serve humanity from behind the scenes indefinitely. When they get sent down, they turn into the mean kid that stomps the ants. The ones they don't stomp they enslave but are super touchy and are likely to stomp you at any given moment as the wind blows. They're...exploring what sin feels like. Stinger missiles only knock them out for a minute or less but a high charge of electricity will kill them. As will their own flaming swords. And nukes. Nukes apparently tap into the energies of creation itself. Archangels are to angels what the angels are to us. It's...young adult level? So fairly violent but lacking most descriptive details.

I've already thought of some places to take those kinds of ideas.