Different Calendar clock and time-stamp

andr_larsen
andr_larsen

To me, the AM/PM is rather confusing. is 12 PM actually midday or midnight?

The same goes for date stamps. I have no idea why the day of the month is going in the middle of the stamps some places, and since I never use it that way, it's just very confusing for me and my players.

Is there any way to format the calendar so it shows a proper 24 hour clock and a proper dd/mm/yy date-stamp?

Comments

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

12 PM is midday or 1200 hours, 12 AM is midnight or 0 hours. As far as proper 24 hour clock or military time, i don't know of a way to make the calendar use 24 hour time.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• cgregory
    cgregory

Is there any way to format the calendar so it shows a proper 24 hour clock and a proper dd/mm/yy date-stamp?

Actually, the proper date-stamp would be yyyy-mm-dd with 24h time which is the ISO 8601 standard for when people from more than one country may view a date/time (such as an website). This website does store it's dates and times according to the ISO standard in the database. And it does allow some modification of how date and time is displayed in certain places.

Editing your profile to display day first will modify some of the places where you are seeing mm-dd-yyyy. Also editing your profile to display time in 24h will modify some of the places to show 24h time. Unfortunately it will not modify every place where date/time is displayed.

It does look like the website is hardcoded to display am/pm time in certain locations, but I might be able to come up with a way to overwrite it.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• weasel0
    weasel0

Most of these are due to OP being a US based/centric site where those are the normal formats.