Finding Wiki Orphans

Boomcoach

Is there an easy way to find orphan links or unbuilt pages?  Depending on how I am working, sometimes I want to create a number of pages, then come back and create the links.  Sometimes I want to just type, creating links and coming back to create the pages later.

I have worked with Tiddly Wikis in the past and loved the ability to find missing pages and orphaned pages, to clean up from my more creative periods, when I just want to dump my thoughts into the wiki without worrying about the structure.

Boomcoach

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0

I believe that unbuilt pages have a different color? Or they used to anyway. So you do have to manually scour all the new pages to find the off colored links. Should be red.

As far as orphaned pages, I don't believe there's any mechanism on OP to find those. However, you might be able to keep track of them via the home page and the activity stream on the right. 

• Kallak
    Kallak

If you want to spam create pages and then link them up later, I'd say your best bet is to give them an "unused" or similar tag. Then you can filter by tag in the "See All Pages" interface down the road.

As far as finding orphan pages, I'd say that's going to be a bit harder, but they will at least still show up in See All Pages, so it'd be a bit more searching, but you could probably find them.

As far as links go, as was said, the default is that they are a separate color. If you've changed your CSS, that might not be true anymore, but that's the default.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak