How to make secrets in the forum

BelkasRo
BelkasRo

I just singed up and got the ascended account. Been looking for a way to able to keep players in the dark. Is there a way to only allow or exclude some players to access that thread?

Comments

• BelkasRo
    BelkasRo

In the forum section

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I don't know of anyway to have secrets in the forum. I imagine you might be able to do something with CSS, but I've never done anything like that for my OP sites. Anything I put on the OP sites is generally for player use. If I don't want them knowing something, I either put it as a GM secret or for an NPC, just keep the character a secret until I want to reveal that info to my players.

I've had some secret NPCs that I've never revealed to players because they have never met said NPC.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I don't know of any way to do this in the forums, but in my wiki I use player secrets all the time. It's what convinced me to pay for an Ascendant account, and it's absolutely one of the highlights of Obsidian Portal.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• weasel0
    weasel0

the forums here aren't very robust. OPs strength is the wiki area. If you need more robust forum commands, try RPOL.net It's entire purpose is a giant online roleplay forums. Heck, the entire site is nothing but nested forums with various permissions.

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

I forget offhand, as I rarely use the forums, but in theory if it allows for the use of HTML one might be able to enclose text within a forum in a span and make use of the class for hiding it on the span.  Everyone would still be able to open the thread, but only designated players would see the content in it then.  Could be worth a shot.

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem

• weasel0
    weasel0

IIRC, OP has tags for GM, player, and non-logged in guests. I believe this was discussed and explored heavily when someone wanted to hide the edit button on the media library or maybe hide the media button from players.