Is transclusion possible?

tznkai
tznkai

On Wikipedia, you can create commonly used templates or subparts to a page and include them in multiple other pages by using curly braces. For example, if I had a page called "PC Ipsum Lorem" I could transclude them in each character's page like this:

{{PC Ipsum Lorem}}

Is that something I can do here? I am starting a game with a lot of house rules, and I'd like to have a general House Rules page, and then transclude each other rule in the master page for easy reference, while still allowing each one to be referenced individually.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

No transclusion is not possible.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

However, you can use anchors to accomplish the same thing (I think - my understanding of transclusion may be faulty).

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• cgregory
    cgregory

UTM here is an explanation of transclusion.

https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Transclusion

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Ah, thank you @cgregory. Yeah, I wish it were available - that'd save TONS of Textile coding - but alas, it's not.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• tznkai
    tznkai

Thanks everybody