City of Brass

pencilneckgeek
pencilneckgeek
edited August 2017 in General Discussion

Has anyone had any experience with City of Brass? Is it a viable alternative to OP if it gets abandoned altogether?

https://www.cityofbrass.io/

Just curious.

Thanks!

Post edited by pencilneckgeek on

--The Geek

Current Campaigns:

Shadows of the Rift : Homebrew Pathfinder Campaign (Campaign of the Month, September 2018)

The Dresden Files: Portland

Deadlands: Riders on the Storm

Velvet & Steel : 7th Sea 2nd Edition

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

The concern with City of Brass, is that they recently put further development and bug fixes on hiatus due to less than expected return on their work.

Not enough people subscribing I guess.

Effective immediately we have transitioned City of Brass into maintenance mode. This means simply that we have suspended all new development of CoB features, but will be maintaining the system as-is. We will reevaluate this decision every few months.

Thank you,

Lucas

• pencilneckgeek
    pencilneckgeek

Ugh...good to know. Thanks!

--The Geek

Current Campaigns:

Shadows of the Rift : Homebrew Pathfinder Campaign (Campaign of the Month, September 2018)

The Dresden Files: Portland

Deadlands: Riders on the Storm

Velvet & Steel : 7th Sea 2nd Edition

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Bummer, took a look at the City of Brass system over the past few days and it looks like a good alternative for OP, provided we need something other than OP in the future, but if they close...

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

I tried it when OP went dark a few months ago, among other OP alternatives. It just doesn't have the customization options OP has. I felt like I was creating content for someone else's campaign and website vision.

If anyone is to provide an alternative to OP and charge even more than OP does, which City of Brass does, it at the very least needs to have the options OP has. It doesn't even come close.

Basically, I would like OP to have basic Wiki functionality like auto-hyperlinks, redirects, etc. I'd also like to see a thoughtmapping feature, like Scabard or Realm Works has. If someone were to just do a up-to-date "reforge" (tee hee; without blowing everyone's existing code of course) with some applicable new features that were useful to GMs, they wouldn't have to worry about funding. We'd be flocking to it in droves.

Basically, something combining Realm Works and OP is what I would like to see. Something that gives me the ability to quickly organize my campaign AND make a personal presentation to players, friends, and fans in the community.

Post edited by Jim_Mount on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

You keep forgetting to add people who actually fix bugs, and reply to issues....

Just trying to help out.

• weasel0
    weasel0

Make you all a deal: you all let me when a mega millions and in addition to refitting this hospitals sterilization department, I'll buy OP and hire any of you/referred persons to keep it running.  ;-)

Post edited by weasel0 on
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Deal. Unless of course I win the lottery before you, in which case I'll be your benevolent overlord...

Post edited by UselessTriviaMan on

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith