'GM only' tags?

munrowood
munrowood

Is there a way to make tags that are GM only? I'd like to be able to tag important locations, items and NPCs without revealing that info to the players. I'm not talking about the 'GM only' section of each page. I suppose I could put a certain search term within each 'GM only' section, but I feel like tags that only the GM can see would be easier.

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

There is no way that I'm aware of to apply GM only tags. One thing I might suggest is making a GM section of your wiki - as in a page that is entirely GM only (or multiple pages as the need arises) where you can collect links to things, a sort of "admin page" if you will.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • cgregory
    cgregory

While GM only tags are not built in to OP, you are be able to create GM only tags using CSS by filtering on the data-tag attribute. However you would need to use something like a prefix like GM_ or a suffix like _GM to your tags in order to get it to work.

For example if you used a prefix like GM_ then you could add the following CSS

a[data-tag*="GM_"]{

display:none;

}

.campaign-game-master a[data-tag*="GM_"]{

display:inline;

}

You can see in my adventure log, the adventure log 'Troll Interrupted' has a tag icon but no visible text tag since I applied a GM_ tag to it.

edit.

You could also do it on the href attribute instead of the data-tag attribute if you wanted to prevent players from having the GM_ tags listed in a search of all tags, but you would need to make sure there are no links that you use in your campaign that contain GM_ (or whatever prefix you use).
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016