Linking obsidian portal to emails

Dracenfels
Dracenfels

Hi I'm new to Obsidian Portal so excuse me if this is a stupid question.  I'm wondering if there is a way to link when you post something to your campaign to your players emails? Or some type of notification so that the players are aware of something new on the site?

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hi Dracenfels and welcome to Obsidian Portal.  There are options for this in the Profile Page.  It defaults to Player Preference, so you need to get all your players onside to make the adjustment.

For each player:

First go to WELCOME tab at top left of the page and choose MY PROFILE from the dropdown menu.  Now see EDIT YOUR PROFILE on top right.  Click on the little grey box.   Scroll down and you will see Notification preferences for Newsletter, Forum Posts, Wiki Edits and Character Edits.  I would recommend to your players that they tick Newsletter and Forum Posts only.  If they tick Wiki Edits and Character Edits, then they are most likely going to get bombarded with a whole load of stuff any time you make any adjustment to your campaign.

Finally, don't forget to scroll down and click SAVE!

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Dracenfels
    Dracenfels

Ah perfect thank you much twiggyleaf