Searches and Fan Counts and forms, oh my!

Ghandi
Ghandi
edited April 2017 in Campaign Portal Building

I've been working on styling a campaign that, for design reasons, I want to remove as much of the pre-generated nav bars, side-bars, etc. from the campaign's pages.

The removal part is easy, but some of these bars have functionality that I want to be able to keep so that the site isn't super-inconvenient to use. So here are the things I have been trying to do that with which I've so far had no success. I'll do my best to list everything I have tried so far that has not worked.

Note: I'm not a super-advanced html/css user, but I'm a fast learner so please feel free to hit me with as much complexity or nuance as you like.

1. Campaign Search Bar (inserted on the page instead of in the top nav bar)

1. Tried taking the code from the existing campaign search element, defining a new div class to contain it and working it into my wiki pages - all to no avail.

2. Tried building my own form to capture the input, didn't seem to work (see 3rd major topic below).

2. Fan Count (inserted on the page instead of on the side bar)

1. I can successfully reproduce the button and/or hyperlink for people to add the campaign to their favorites, but I can't find a way to pull the fan count when the page loads.

2. I don't really have any great ideas here. My best guess is this would require knowing more about how OP's back-end works, or figuring out a way to transplant the entire fan counter container and then modify it's appearance to fit my site.

3. Various ideas involving use of <form> and <input> tags which so far seem functionless.

1. My work so far seems to indicate that <form> tags are just disabled for direct input on OP pages. Does anyone know if this is true? Or do I just have even less of a clue what I'm doing than I thought I did?

Unfortunately at this time I can't really link to the campaign. It's very unfinished at this point, but already has enough info on it that I don't want to potentially spoil any of it for my future players (some of whom are pretty likely to read this thread).

Any and all help is appreciated!

Post edited by Ghandi on