Preventing plus signs from causing emphasis (noob question)

mead_troy
mead_troy

Is there a way to turn off Textile markup in my character pages? Or at least to signify that a passage should be presented as plain text? I'm trying to use stat blocks that have plus signs in them, but every time I do the markup assumes I want the passage underlined.

Thanks in advance, I'm not very good at this yet.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

You can add the following to your custum css to prevent that if you are an ascendant member.

ins { color:inherit; text-decoration:inherit;} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

ins:before { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

ins:after { content:'+';} /* Plus sign no longer underlines */

I think the free membership workaround is putting a space after the plus sign.
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• mead_troy
    mead_troy

Thanks. I haven't yet been sold on whether I'm going to be using this enough to make upgrading worthwhile, so I'll probably just use the workaround for now.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Even though I have an Ascendant account, I use the add-a-space workaround, cuz' it's not hard to do and sometimes I DO want things underlined.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• cgregory
    cgregory

If I want to underline something, I created a span class="u". Since it is more often that I'll want to use plus signs next to a number, than I'll want to underline something. That does depend on the system I'm using however.

CSS

.u {text-decoration: underline;}

HTML

In this sentence <span class="u">underline me</span>.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016