Borders in tables in player's character page

rudiaschy_s
rudiaschy_s

I feel like I am going nuts. I had it working to some time ago (although not as desired) and now I can't seem to get borders working within tables at all and can not seem to find a solution via searches.. I can get borders on the outside edges without an issue but not within. I'm a player so I can't change the CSS of the page itself.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

Not having access to the css of the page is a pain, but still doable. Are you using texttile or html?

They both follow similar rules.

table{border:1px solid black}.

|{border:1px solid black}. This|{border:1px solid black}. is|{border:1px solid black}. a|{border:1px solid black}. row|

|{border:1px solid black}. This|{border:1px solid black}. is|{border:1px solid black}. a|{border:1px solid black}. row|

If you are using texttile putting a table{border:1px solid black}. before your table and then putting a

{border:1px solid black} plus a . plus a space at the beginning of each cell will do the job.

If you are using HTML then you want to put a style="border:1px solid black;" next to you table tag and each of you td tags.

<table style="border:1px solid black;">

<tr>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">This</td>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">is</td>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">a</td>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">row</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">This</td>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">is</td>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">a</td>

<td style="border:1px solid black;">row</td>

</tr>

</table>

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• rudiaschy_s
    rudiaschy_s

I'm using html. Much to my surprise I've either never heard of texttile or have forgotten what it is; unless you mean the WYSISYG here on OP.

What you've given me so far, though tedious, seems to be working save for the colspan cells. It treats them as not colspan and just nulls any cells after it until the next TR. Any thoughts?

• cgregory
    cgregory

The WYSIWYG is called the CkEditor. Textile is the other type of editor here at OP. 

http://redcloth.org/hobix.com/textile/

| col 1 | col 2 |

|\2. spans two cols |

| col 1 | col 2 |

using textile col span works, but the html version doesn't seem to work.

They are among us!

• rudiaschy_s
    rudiaschy_s

I'm using html. Much to my surprise I've either never heard of texttile or have forgotten what it is; unless you mean the WYSISYG here on OP.

What you've given me so far, though tedious, seems to be working save for the colspan cells. It treats them as not colspan and just nulls any cells after it until the next TR.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Since you need colspan and OP tables don't support it, you could use divs for rows and nested divs floated left for columns instead of using tables.

<div style="width: 50%;">

<div style="float: left; width: 33%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 1 - Cell 1</div>

<div style="float: left; width: 34%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 1 - Cell 2</div>

<div style="float: left; width: 33%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 1 - Cell 3</div>

</div>

<div style="width: 50%;">

<div style="float: left; width: 33%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 2 - Cell 1</div>

<div style="float: left; width: 34%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 2 - Cell 2</div>

<div style="float: left; width: 33%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 2 - Cell 3</div>

</div>

<div style="clear: left; width: 50%;border-style:solid; border-width:1px;">Row 3 - Cell 1</div>

They are among us!