OP Blog

Keryth987
Keryth987

OK, this is primarily directed at Kallak, but info from all would be appreciated.

I noticed that the blog has stagnated. I blame myself mostly for not continuing to submit articles to Kallak. Though others did follow my lead there.

So, is the blog now limited to just the COTM interview or should we start getting it going again? Is Kallak still the one editing and running it?

Thanks

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

For the record, yes - I am indeed still the editor of the blog. As such, I have to assume responsibility for the less-than-totally-active state of things. It wasn't my intention to let article-writing slide, but it has regrettably happened anyway.

In a nutshell, it's a one man show at present, and that can be pretty tough to maintain alongside my university schedule. I've been getting the rhythm of this new semaster down, and I'd like to resume writing ASAP (technically I meant to start back up last week, but something came up) - it's my goal to get started back up this week.

It would be really awesome if I could get back to having a team of other contributors with me like when things first started, but obviously that hasn't panned out as of yet.

Long story short, I'll do my best to resolve this shortcoming, but some help would be really great.

My apologies to the community.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Articles related to gaming and GMing is something I am interested in doing. Time and original ideas are the only thing standing in my way at the moment. If either hits me I'd love to contribute.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

I wasn't pointing fingers Kallak. I was looking to see if it was worth working on a new article or not :)

• Kallak
    Kallak

For sure! If you've got an article in mind, by all means hammer it out. I need to light the proverbial fire under my own ass with respects to article writing, but contributions from others are always welcome.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Abersade
    Abersade

Hey Kallak, since you are involved with the blog I figured I'd run this by you first. Any idea why this link is now dead?

http://blog.obsidianportal.com/obsidian-portal-campaign-of-the-month-february-2016-rise-of-the-durnskald/

I was trying to show a friend of mine the interview but I can't, seems like it's just gone.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Kallak
    Kallak

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it might be as a result of the work the devs were doing back when to fix the various SSL issues that people were having. If you change the protocol from http:// to https:// the page appears normally.

I'll see about getting the link fixed on the blog listing page when I get home from classes tonight. I'd do it now, except my overly long and complex blog admin password isn't saved to my tablet (another thing I need to resolve apparently).

Sorry for the inconvenience on that.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Abersade
    Abersade

Much thanks!

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Kallak
    Kallak

Just wanted to post a quick update on this for you Abersade. I checked into the issue, and it turns out that since I am editor, but not admin for the blog, I don't have the required access to update the entire URL of a post, only part of it. I can update the filepath, but cannot update the resource name or the protocol. Essentially my access doesn't start until after ".com/". I shot a message over to support, so hopefully this will get resolved quickly. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds for someone with admin access.

All the best,
    - Kallak