Noob question: is there a way to remove double spacing?

nimeton
nimeton

Hey just wondering if there's a simple way to remove double spacing? Whenever I hit return it creates a new paragraph. It also does it in list indents (despite appearing as single spaced text in the editing page), which is super annoying.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

I'm guessing you are using the CkEditor rather than the Textile editor.  The CkEditor adds in a <p> tag anytime you hit enter and adds as part of that style a margin-bottom of 1.6em. So you want to set that to 0em in your custom css

p {

margin-bottom: 0em;

}

If you want to reduce it even more add in line-height: 1; Currently line-height is at 1.6 so really anything between 1 and 1.6 will reduce it.

For lists you need to use line-height to reduce it.

ul, ol {

line-height: 1;

}

Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Kallak
    Kallak

With CKEditor the enter key does indeed wrap with paragraph tags, but shift+enter does a normal br/enter. I tried to get those swapped before implementation of the editor, but the request either fell on deaf ears or wasn't caught.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • cgregory
    cgregory

Interesting Kallak.  It does appear the shift+enter is the default setting for that.

Here is a CkEditor keyboard shortcut document.  It might be useful to others using the CkEditor.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• nimeton
    nimeton

oh neat, thanks for the quick response!