Just starting with the basics...

DrHTeph

... and realising two things, I'm missing some basic things and most of the FAQ links are dead ...

It feels like a bad combo, 

Anyway I have some basic problem/questions if there is anyone out there who cares to give me a nudge in the right direction.

1) Adding GWF, what is I'm supposed to write in the add box? I have tried everything from just the name to the full CSS load script. font-family don't display the GWF in any case.... Is there a loop left to jump befor getting it to work?

2) There seems to be a lot of overides or something when it comes to styling headers, is there a comprehensive list of that, because to me it seems totally random right now... Or is it just to munch through reveal code until randomly finding someone who have done the thing I want? 

Thank you for the attention!

Comments

• oMiCid
    oMiCid

Hello,

1)-GWF : 

for example if u want to add the font "Open Sans" : https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans

you are supposed to write "Open+Sans" in the add box. then u simply call your font :

font-family: "Open Sans"

(remember the word "script" is forbidden, so u can't load a font called "blablasomething script")

2)- U can override things by typing !important

ex : margin : 0 !important;

Do you have an example for the 2) ?

Post edited by oMiCid on

Player of Les Compagnons d'Ailleurs - A d&d3.5 campaign

• weasel0
    weasel0

Check the CSS in my campaign pages for examples.

• DrHTeph
    weasel0
    Perfect! That will keep me occupied a while with testing and tweaking:

oMiCid
    Still don't get Fonts  to  work, must do more testing. About 2), it is just that if I do a h1 generic change in the style sheet, it changes in some places and not in others ... and very odd partly in some
    Post edited by DrHTeph on
  • oMiCid
    oMiCid

DrHTeph

u can take a look to my campagn. F12 to open the "web developer console" and select my h1 title on the homepage to see how it works.

Player of Les Compagnons d'Ailleurs - A d&d3.5 campaign

• cgregory
    cgregory

Offhand, I can't think of anything in OP that requires the !important tag. You just need to be as specific as (or more specific than) the original OP CSS is in order to override the original OP CSS code.

The main reason I suggest not using the !important tag is you will get a much better understanding of the OP CSS layout if you don't use it.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• weasel0
    weasel0

While true as a rule, I use it twice. The H* headers being one of the two instances.You'd think that giving them the formatting would be enough like anywhere else but the public and private sides of the campaign pages are different in this case and can't be altered using the normal 1 line of CSS. Add the !important tag and it propagates the rule to the entire campaign.

Of course, the original advice on using the !important tag from the implementation of the Reforge: The funny thing about using the !important tag is that it works until is doesn't.

AKA: Overuse results in a confused CSS code base.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Yes, for the H* headers you need two lines of code if you don't want to use the !important tag, one referencing the class campaign-public-layout and the other referencing campaign-dashboard-layout.

I'd personally rather use two lines of code rather than the !important tag simply because it forces you to understand the layout of the OP css. Plus it also allows for changes to more specific pages using the other classes found in the body element

https://unlockingtheportal.obsidianportal.com/wikis/body

They are among us!

• DrHTeph
    Ah, thank you all!

Handy list of classes, exactly what I missed, it would be sooo nice to have a link to that in a FAQ or something ...

oMiCid, I'll do the F12 ASAP I sit at a proper computer, I do a lot of my simple editing/data entering on my back with an iPad these days, much easier on my bad shoulder!

BTW, the root of my font trouble seem to be a very strange page name of one of the fonts. When I saw that just I decided to go for a font with a nice and simple page name.
    Post edited by DrHTeph on
  • cgregory
    cgregory

I'm slowly building a list of every class in OP and what they are used for whenever I have some spare time. Figured the body classes were good place to start.

They are among us!