display:none revealed with a trigger?

Skylark
Skylark

is there any way to do a menu with hidden content that gets revealed on a trigger?

I want to set up a single page with multiple embedded video file, with one revealed when you click on a tab etc.

I understand checked and triggered do not work within OP but has anyone figured out any other trick to do this?

hers is a mockup of what I had in mind:

https://trialerror.obsidianportal.com/wikis/videotest

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

I played with something similar a while back using adjacent sibling selection, hovering over element A to prompt element B to show, with element B also set to show on hover. Proper positioning on the page allowed the effect to work out okay, but it was never quite to where I would've liked it to be, so it sort of got shelved.

The user would have to stay hovered over the div containing the videos in your case (which I assume you'd make bigger than the video player so as to not be stuck hovering over the movie the entire time), but it might be the best solution available with OPs current setup.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Bortas
    Bortas

What Kallak said - unfortunately the answer is not really, not without Javascript.

-bort

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Yep, I played around with this for awhile as well, and it is not worth the end result really.  I had a form of it implemented on my DA page, but overall I found better ways to handle that.  My biggest issue with it was how the effect worked on mobile, which is the main way my players interact with the page since they do it live at the table via their phones most often.  I think I might still have the code posted on my DA page though, if you are curious about it.

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem