Program?

Katiekat
Katiekat

Is there some way you can get the website code down so you can edit it in some live version? Like dreamweaver for example. I just want to be able to more smoothly add the changes to my css in a smooth convenient way.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

Not that i know of, but the best way i find to make changes is to use the element inspector found in firefox or chrome (basically right click and click inspect element) and add/test out my code changes in there. That way i can see exactly happens when i add or remove css code to the website. Plus it lets me see exactly what elements, classes or ID's I need to target.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Katiekat
    Katiekat

Cgregory, could we possibly talk over discord/skype/whatever of choice so i can get some help with getting started? In text that is.

I'm so getting confused with the different code documents and how they relate to each other. I haven't worked with with something as spread out before. Seems to have forgotten A Lot as well. I'm really more of a graphical designer than a coder these days.

You'd have my eternal thanks and I'd pay it forward!

• cgregory
    cgregory

No problem. I think the easiest method might simply be for me to create a test campaign and invite you. That way once the code is how you like it, it is a simple matter of copy and paste to your site.

I had been planning to create a campaign where i laid out the entire structure of the OP campaign website and what elements and classes are important. I had been planning to to this for my players who are going to be running a campaign once my campaign ends, so they had an easier time setting stuff up. No reason not to start it now, since xmas is usually really light work wise.

They are among us!

• Katiekat
    Katiekat

That sounds great :) Our campaign is just for me and some irl friends but i started out with roleplaying website making on avidgamers back in the day (I was 11-12, I'm 27 now). Sadly it's not around anymore but Obsidian is the bomb! We would've loved that

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Many campaigns have shared their code- Dresden Files Dallas https://dfd.obsidianportal.com/ 

and A God Rebuilt http://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com/wikis/css 

for example.  Those are good places to start as well!

Just trying to help out.

• Katiekat
    Katiekat

Can't find where the code for the dresden one is located.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Abu's Dresden File one is located

https://dfd.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/my-css

They are among us!

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Not mine, definitely the great Wolfhound, another great GM that Kaleidoscope chased away.

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Wolfhound left? When? I saw him just start up a new campaign here recently

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

My bad, he had been gone a while, and I assumed he had left... My mistake.

Just trying to help out.

• cgregory
    cgregory

I read many campaigns as my campaign.

Correction...I stand by my earlier assertion that the campaign is abu's. It is an alternative fact.

They are among us!

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Bad Bad Abu. Now we know why you are evil :)

I mean, you of all people should know what happens when you ASSUME :)

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

I admit it my mistake.... sorry.

Just trying to help out.