Multiple pages on Wiki Portion

spidieman
spidieman
edited August 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• spidieman
    spidieman
    Maybe i just don't know how, but i would like to add multiple pages to the wiki section.
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    You can do that. The key to adding pages to your Wiki (say, linked from your Main page), is to tell the Wiki the page already exists. Okay, in layman's terms --

Open up to edit your Wiki's main page. Say you want to add links to "Inns," "Ships" and "Rivers." In your main page, type in links for each one, with double brackets on left and right for each. Then hit save. Your main page should load and you will see the links created in the main page for Inns, Ships and Rivers. You've told the Wiki that those pages exist, even though you haven't done anything on them yet.

Now say you want to edit the Inns page to add links to pages for the Inn: The Rampant Dragon, The Crooked Orc, and The Drunken Fisherman. Click on the link to "Inns" on your main page. A window should open for you to add things to the Inns page. Do the same thing you did for the Main page -- add the names of the Inns, with double brackets on left and right for each one, and hit save. You'll now have the Inns page with the links for each inn.

Say you now want to add the description of the Rampant Dragon -- who is the innkeeper? What kind of customers frequent the common room? How friendly is Bess the waitress? Click on the link for The Rampant Dragon on your Inns page. A window will open for you to add everything you want to add about the Rampant Dragon. Including, if you want, links to other pages.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hey spidie,

If it makes you feel better, making new wiki pages was the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around. It still feels backwards to me.

And back before there was the "entire page GM only" box, I felt REALLY awkward doing it that way, since somebody could conceivably be looking at my campaign and seeing a "dead" link while I was creating the new page. Not quite as bad as changing clothes in public, but that flavor of awkwardness. =)