Issue with search

ikabodo
ikabodo

I'm having an issue with search on smaller screens.

I'm thought it was my own css making it happen, but from what I can see it appears on other campaign-pages again. I've been trying to fix it with custom css. Any great tips?

The problem shows when you try to use the top search field when on a small screen (i.e. an iphone). But simply making a desktop browerwinder smaller works too. When you try to search for something the "popup" window cuts off and you cannot see the result.

I located the issue to "#top-bar {overflow:hidden]" in the css. But I can't remove this since it causes the menu itself not to collapse. 

Any ideas?

Oath of Crows

Comments

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Well, not sure the best way around this, it gets cutoff due to the menu needing to be limited some in a mobile setup with the way it is designed.  Some things that might help would be (these should all be contained inside of a mobile only declaration to not mess with the nice setup on a desktop screen):

#campaign-search .tt-dropdown-menu .item-set-header {margin: 0;} (This should reduce the extra padding on the category headings)

#campaign-search .tt-dropdown-menu .tt-suggestion {padding: 0em 1em;} (This should reduce extra padding on category suggestions - though could make selecting options more difficult)

The real problem is going to be the ".top-bar-section #campaign-search .tt-dropdown-menu" which has some stuff setting the "top" with !important tagged to it in the core CSS files looking it all over.  As such, I don't think these will be able to be overridden which is what causes the larger amount of spacing between the results and the search input box itself.

The combination of the three is doing a lot to push the results out of the available bounds for the menu system though, so making any cuts in there should help at least some.  It will still not be as efficient as doing it via the desktop without a rewrite on the back end I suspect.

Post edited by alex_redeye on

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem

• ikabodo
    ikabodo

Perhaps something that should be made into a bug-report then. Just the part about the search results being cut off. 

We use the mobile site quite a lot during session, and not being able to search easily is a bit of an issue. 

Oath of Crows

• cgregory
    cgregory

Before submitting a bug report, i'd double check that you experience the same problem with a site that has no custom CSS. Just create a test site and do a search. I know one of my players uses a phone during our games and has no problems (so the issue could be related to a specific phone type or phone browse. On the flip side it could work only on certain phones and browsers).

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• ikabodo
    ikabodo

Yes. Good plan!

I tried around on several campaign-sites, and the "quick-pop-up" search always get cut. Seems it's the same with or without custom css. Both mine and others pages. It's definately about how the search was constructed.

So far it's reproducable both on browser (small window, multiple browsers) and mobile (iphone). 

It's a bit odd no one else noticed actually... :)

Oath of Crows