Adventure Logs Do Not All Appear on the Page

signcontrast
signcontrast

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my adventure logs to all appear on the page.  They randomly disappear when I press months, and do not all appear when I press the newest month and scroll down.  It seems, despite our group having written 14 sessions, only 2 appear, or even 1 if we click a different month.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

I looked at a couple of your sites and there is one thing that stands out is the CSS on your sites seem to get screwed up when you use some inline fonts. My guess is you might have some divs that are not terminated.

A good example of what I'm talking about is in your Detroit Heart of Darkness campaign.

https://detroit-nightmares.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log

Notice your top two posts are fine, but after Delilah and the Demonic Doppleganger that they start missing the date and get positioned underneath each other. My guess is something is incorrect in how you are adding fonts to your posts, since Dear Diary has a font added (just like your Deadlands campaign adventure logs all have extra fonts added).  You'll notice that your Deadlands campaign doesn't have dates next to them just like the ones in Detroit Heart of Darkness.

Typically, I add fonts in my CSS rather than inline.

body{font-family:Milonga, serif; }

h2 {font-family:Milonga, serif; }

a {font-family:Milonga, serif; }

It is definitely non terminated divs due to your fonts. When I tell my browser to terminate you divs after the fonsts in your most recent post the date appears and a third post appears.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• signcontrast
    signcontrast

Oh! I just saw this.  Reading through it now.  Thanks for the help.  I have revised the dates for the Deadlands campaign logs, and they appear to now all be in order.  We're not really concerned about the Detroit by Night campaign, since it's discontinued. 

I'm not sure I'm following the discussion about the font coding, but I'll get one of our players to take a look at it.  He's more familiar with coding, so he'll probably follow much more easily. :)

It seems detailed - and so probably quite helpful!  Thank you!

• cgregory
    cgregory

Basically what you are missing is a 

</div> 

or two at the very end of any of your posts with a font added. I probably went into more detail than i needed to mostly because i was writing down thoughts as i was walking through the problem.

if you still have issues just invite me as a player and i can fix one post (so you see exactly what is needed) and you can fix the rest of the posts.

They are among us!

• signcontrast
    signcontrast

Thanks so much!  Yes, this fixed it.  And our coder in the group explained why this might have affected things so much. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

Great glad to help.

They are among us!