Linking Wiki Pages between one Another

JeremyS
JeremyS

Hi everyone,

First time seriously getting into using this site, however, the thing that is making me pull my hair out is linking between pages. I understand double bracket, however, what is getting me is the textile (Or whatever it's called) system of linking existing pages to the current one I'm working. 

Could someone do a ELI5 or step by step tutorial on how I can achieve this? It'd be mighty appreciative. 

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

Are you using the CkEditor or the Texttile editor? Check under the Advanced Campaign Settings.

If you are using the Textile Editor you can simply use the link tabs (wiki, character, media, image)

And then choose the page you want to link to.

If you are using the CkEditor. You need to know the slug (or the URL) of the page you are linking to.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• JeremyS
    JeremyS

Is there any limitations to using apostrophes? 

I want to put down a link called "Lil'Eth and Varis' Night on the Town", wondering if the apostrophes are the issue.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

That's correct, links can't have special characters. My workaround is to simply change the text of the link.

[[Delver's Guild]] won't work, but [[Delvers Guild | Delver's Guild]] will display the apostrophe just fine.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• JeremyS
    JeremyS

Cool, thanks for the work around!