Sometimes I can't edit forum posts

Dragnmoon
Dragnmoon

So I use the forums as a main communication for our gaming group and I edit my posts constantly, but sometimes the edit option is not available.

Is this a known bug and is there a work around for it?

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I am not sure that this particular bug has been brought to the attention of this support crew, but it has in the past.  There is a tedious work around.

In the forum where you cannot edit a post, make a new post with just one word or letter in it.  Such as "x".  You will be able to edit that post.  Edit it, and delete it.

You now will be able to edit any post in that forum.

• Dragnmoon
    Dragnmoon

Thanks! That worked

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Thanks SkiDude.   I didn't know that "fix".   I used to just come back to it at a later time and hope it had changed,  which sometimes it did.  frown

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Myself and another member (forgot who) tried to explain the problem to support.  At first they thought we were talking about the community forums (here).  And once we explained we played by post on the campaign forums, they couldn't figure out the problem.

It seems to happen a day or so (if not immediately) after you make the post.