Full transcripts in the game log?

Robotguy
Robotguy

My group plays online using D20Pro and we use the text functions in the software for all IC interaction. At the end of the night, it's pretty easy to copy the log, run it through a SED script to clean it up, and post it in our adventure log. Are there any other campaigns that do this (post the full transcript of the game)? I'd love to check them out.

----------- Behemoth Brawls  -----------

Comments

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well, not a full transcript, but my Shadows campaign has a fairly complete synopsis every session. I use notepad on my ipad to take write it up while the gam eis going (have a real keyboard) then post it to the site here

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I like to keep my adventure logs fairly short.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I've done the most write ups in my Deadwood Deacon campaign as it is my longest running campaign on OP. I have also done it for my Champions of Erth and The Centurion Agency campaigns.

I use a note book for each of the different campaigns for taking the notes and sometimes embellish them when I'm actually writing up the adventure log.

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

All my campaigns use longer logs to record all the minutiae of the sessions.  Usually written by me but some of the others have chipped in as well.  I asked them at one point if we should just write highlights but they seemed to enjoy the more detailed logs. 

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• notrich

I am not using full transcripts (as my group meets in person), but i have been updating the log for each adventure - appreciate any feedback

https://valleyofthetombs.obsidianportal.com/

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

If you are looking for full review of your campaign I suggest the "Review My Campaign" thread.  If you would like some feedback on the logs, here goes-

Add more pictures, outside of just the maps.  It adds to the feel of the campaign, the log, and helps outside readers become more familiar with your campaign.

Try to get the players involved in writing the logs from their viewpoint- it helps not only readers get more involved, but helps your own players get to know their own teammates, and themselves!

Use more of a narrator approach for the ones that the GM writes, as if recalling events that the person went through, or as a bard telling a story.

Good luck!  PM me if you want examples- have over 1000 logs on my own site...

Just trying to help out.

• Nut_Meg
    Nut_Meg

All the adventure logs for my campaign are more or less full transcripts (typos and misspellings included) from Skype and, more recently, Discord. It's neat to see another campaign on OC that does this! I love how organized and clearly formatted your logs are. It really makes for easy reading. I've been trying to do the same for mine but there's a lot of legwork involved with each individual log (and there are over 100 of them) so I often let it lapse.

(Do be warned, there is a lot of cussing and offensive language.)

Post edited by Nut_Meg on