Organizing Characters Page

Quzar

Is there any established method to organize this? Looking back through the forum it seems that the best someone gave was to put space in front of character names. I'm thinking something like Collapsible menus that show all characters that share a tag.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

You can sort of do that already by using the filter option on the character sheet. It filters by tags.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Skylark
    Skylark

Is there any way to web link the characters page with a built in filter?

One of the issue Im having is the character page is filled with dead characters, I don't want to remove them but filtering them out ina simple way would help.

It would alls to be nice to be able to link to a specific group of characters etc.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Filtering by tag works on the page, but like you, I can't seem to find a way to link to a specific filter.

I can call up wiki pages by tag, so that may be a start.

"Deity Tag Testing":https://alfaysia.obsidianportal.com/wikis?tag=deity

• cgregory
    cgregory

Doesn't look like it. I've tried using prefilled url's to pre-select tags that you can filter by but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Some something like this should show only the NPCs

https://x-com-defiance.obsidianportal.com/characters?npc=1

but it doesn't appear to work. Likely because OP isn't setup to read url passed variables possiblly for security reasons.

That being said, you could filter out Dead characters by adding a Living tag to characters that aren't dead yet. Or since you are doing a shadowrun campaign, you could use SIN for living characters and change it to SINNED (System Identification Number Now Expired Death) for dead characters.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016