A User's Manual?

kilgs
edited September 2016 in Campaign Portal Building

Clearly, I am lacking in basic abilities here. Nothing works as planned and it's taking significant effort to do simple stuff. 

Is there a basic User's Manual out there?

I've spent about 5hrs on this thing and have about four pictures and five minimal pages for all that effort. I'm about to throw in the towel and put the time towards actual gaming. angry

Post edited by kilgs on

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

You may want to swap back to the simple textile editor, it seems to be much more user friendly at this point.

Open up your campaign settings, advanced tab, Default Editor.

-bort

• cgregory
    cgregory

You could take a look at the obsidian portal youtubes.

These youtubes are based off the textile editor rather than the CkEditor. 

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• kilgs

Much obliged. I'll try that.

• Bortas
    Bortas

We definitely want you to succeed and feel useful. The new editor is, well, new, and not as feature rich as the body of us would like. But the potential is there.

This group of gamers is different from other groups you may be familiar with; selfless and helpful. Give us time :-)

-bort

• kilgs

No worries. Changing to the basic text editor allowed me to, at a minimum, get content up faster. My players have been with me for awhile so they don't expect artistic awesomeness and I don't expect to deliver it.

Been able to update much easier since switching. It may not be as pretty as y'all but it works!

• weasel0
    weasel0

Working is the most important part. Pretty can easily come later.