Just found out about OP, can I secure certain content from the players?

panjakrejn
panjakrejn

Hi, brand new to this site. Is it possible to put up, say, an NPC page about this new NPC so that only I can see it, the players can't?

Or perhaps I create an entry for a magic item that only I and the player who has it can see?

Completely new to all this, not sure what is possible using this site. (Is there a massive manual or set of intro videos to teach how to leverage what this site can do?)

Thanks.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory
    Welcome to the site!

Yes, in the case of a character just click the is this character still a secret box.

In the case of Items and wiki pages just click the GM only box

You can also set up certain sections of a wiki, item or character page to be visible to only certain players by using the Add player secret button.

Not really, you can look at various campaigns of other people to get an idea of what can be done.

Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• panjakrejn
    panjakrejn

Thanks, it's very enticing. Just joined Ascendant, looking forward to fully kicking the tires.

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

There totaly ARE intro videos and here they are:

Obsidian Portal Youtube Page

(They may be a little out of date)

• Justin_West
    Justin_West

I am still building my campaign but one thing I am doing is creating an NPC and hiding the sheet but creating a Wiki entry for the NPC so that information can be added by the players. Since the Wiki page has its own DM section I can still add information to it as well as linking the Wiki back to the character sheet. 

• Bortas
    Bortas

for what its worth, you may be over-complicating things by adding a wiki AND a character page, I'd go with one or the other.

What I do: create a character page. Add items to the 'GM ONLY' section as needed. If only a particular player knows something, then I use "add player secret".

Trying to keep two sources updated is tough, imo.

-bort