PC Character Sheets - "Email Notifications" not saving

Harliquinn
Harliquinn

For PC Character Sheets, the "Email Notifications" for all the characters always has the same player checked and even after I (as GM) go in and change it to another player, it doesn't save and always reverts.

In addition, I can't seem to get the "Change Owner" to show the owner I've changed it to.

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

The initial setting for those choices is based on the setting in the individual's profile...i.e. whether they want notification.

You can override apparantly, but not change the default.

• cgregory
    cgregory

The change owner field is blank because you are not changing owners. When it is blank no change is occuring. To see the current owner that depends on whether you are using DST character sheets or not.

If I remember correctly the current owner of the character is seen in the Author field (right under the character picture) if you are not using DST.

If you are using a DST it is listed under the Player field, but that does depend on whether the DST has a player field.

In the case of players characters it is easier. The character appears under the players icon in the main webpage of the campaign, except in the case of a DM player character.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Harliquinn
    Harliquinn

May I ask what are DST Character Sheets? I'm just using the built-in character features.

• cgregory
    cgregory

DST are Dynamic Stylesheet Templates. You choose them from a drop down list titled Dynamic Style Sheets in the character section. There aren't really any built in character features, all those character sheets that you might pick from the drop down aren't made by Obsidian Portal, rather they are made by users and some of them were created without including a player field or author field.

For example:

This is a character made using a Dynaminc Stylesheet Template, but it doesn't contain visible author or player field.

Other Dynamic Style Sheets do contain that those fields.

While this is one that was made just using HTML rather than DST.

As you can see with the HTML one their is an author field right under the character picture that tells you the owner.

Regardless of whether they use DST or not you can view the owner of player characters on the main campaign page.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Harliquinn
    Harliquinn

Great thank you! It looks like the owners were changed successfully.