Greetings and salutations

Gully
Gully
edited July 2008 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Gully
    Gully
    Just got on and started placing my campaign up.

I have been gaming since I was 11 (basic D&D the book with the rouge steeling that big ruby) got started by my mother. I ran my first game around the the age of 13 and have been primarily runing eversince. I have experience with World of darkness, alternity, project AKO, mekton zeta, D20 modern, and of course D&D. I have ran every thing from basic all the way up to 3.5, not sure if I'm taking that step to 4 yet. I run a mature game, both in the since of character development and mature content warning. I tell my groupe that if it can hapen in real life then it can happen in my game. for this reason I am very picky about my players. Curently I'm on the east coast of the united states.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Hey Gully,

Welcome aboard. I dig the "Mature Content" warning - it's adds a certain amount of gravity to the D&D worlds that balances the super-fantasy-ness of it. I'm thinking Akira, Ninja Scroll, Heavy Metal, Aeon Flux - all have some pretty serious violence and adult themes. I try and incorporate a light amount of stuff like that in my game too. I'm looking forward to seeing what you write! Just be sure to include the NSFW tag where appropriate :)

PS: If you're still a fan of 3.5e, but not interested in the drastic changes made for 4e check out the PathfinderRPG, which is being published by Paizo (former publishers of Dragon and Dungeon magazines). They're doing some interesting things to fix 3.5e and might spark your interest. You can get the free Alpha (and soon to be Beta) "here":http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG
  • Gully
    Gully
    Thanks, I am more concerned with the amount of reformatting that goes with changing editions lol.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Actually that's the beauty of PathfinderRPG: They are striving to make it as backwards compatible as possible, and they are proving guides on conversions, as well as a active community always eager to help out on things not officially announced or printed.

/2 copper

In any case, good to see you here :)