- A few missing recent posts from June/July have since been restored by the tech team.
- A long requested feature, Personal forum signatures should now be working!
- Another requested feature, the forums were configured specifically to be fully compatible with HTTPS
- The forums utilize a new wysiwyg editor, which will also be available as an option through-out the site soon. In this way you can expect a consistent user experience across the site. Once the new multi-editor feature is released, users will have the ability to toggle the editor of their choice in campaign settings. Both the classic editor and new enhanced CK Editor will be made available for the WIKI and adventure log per user preference.
- The new editor packs tons of features, and should be self-discovering for the most part. You can find common hot keys here and a general user guide here (the doc maybe slightly outdated but should be fine)
- The new forums support rich content such as images and video. You can link-offsite content, or utilize files from your media library of course. The team is also currently working to enable file upload capabilities in the coming days, so that new images can be dragged an dropped into the editor, or uploaded/selected without having to navigate away from the editor. Uploaded files would be placed in the user's media library, with space used as maybe available per the user's account quota.
- A question came up today on TEXTILE support for the community forums. The short answer is that our support options for the community forum are limited but the team is looking at all options. A complete response can be found here. The general direction for OP is going to be to embrace responsive design and move toward HTML 5/6 so we can all create more immersive content and adventures.
Last, I would like to mention that the team is fully open to feedback with respect to forum features. The team is looking into plugins/options which may provide enhanced functionality (polls, gamification, etc.). If there are subtle things which can be done to improve the new forums moving forward (layout, colors, features, etc.) please let us know. We are always looking to improve.