The community forums are intended to be the place on Obsidian Portal where users can congregate and engage in relevant discourse with other members. They are offered so that users can assist one another in building campaign pages, find players or a campaign to play in, discuss topics related to the site or tabletop gaming, and generally participate in our community of world builders and adventure seekers. To safeguard both the purpose of the forums and the overall health and well-being of the community, these forums must be moderated for content. By posting on the forums, you agree to abide by the guidelines contained in this topic, and understand that failure to do so will result in enforcement by moderators.
Certain elements or types of content run counter to the gaming-focused, constructive, mutually respectful atmosphere that is expected on Obsidian Portal's community forums. Posts that contain such "unwelcome" content will be subject to moderation. Users should also note that the following is not an exhaustive list, and moderators may sometimes make decisions independent of what is cataloged here. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you feel that another member's post or activity has violated these guidelines, please contact [email protected]
Content is prohibited if it:
- is spam, originates from a "bot", or is otherwise severely off-topic.
- infringes on copyright or is otherwise illegal.
- is pornographic in nature or contains excessive/gratuitous nudity.
- contains racial slurs, or other prejudice-based material.
- attacks, disparages, or otherwise disrespects Obsidian Portal, its staff, or its members.
- encourages or incites drama, violence or other unwelcome content.
- threatens, harasses, bullies, or encourages others to do so.
- contains personal or confidential information.
- impersonates someone, or otherwise attempts to deceive with regards to who posted.
- is disruptive, intended to circumvent moderation, or otherwise causes problems.
- receives justifiable complaints from other users.
Not Safe For Work (NSFW) Content:
Posts or topics that contain nudity, profanity or other material which a reasonable viewer may not wish to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting (such as the workplace) should be tagged as "NSFW" by the author prior to the appearance of said materials. If you are in doubt as to whether your content should be tagged as "NSFW" or not, it is recommended that you err on the side of caution and add the tag. Users who repeatedly post "NSFW" content without the appropriate tag may be deemed in violation of the guidelines and subject to moderation or other disciplinary action. In short, please use good judgment and be considerate of other users when posting "NSFW" material.
Moderation and Enforcement:
While in most cases a simple notification or warning from moderators will suffice to resolve issues, Obsidian Portal reserves the right to modify or remove any content on the community forums for any reason. Additionally, Obsidian Portal may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate a user's access to the forums if that user is found to have violated the guidelines as posted in this topic.