Calendar Update

Krothos
Krothos
edited February 2016 in Feature Requests
I know this was mentioned earlier in a post I wanted to add to it but can't find it now.

I would like to see the calendar updated so that the "end date" and "end time" are either removed or not required when creating a new event.
I don't see the need to required these fields. I'm sure most gaming groups are like mine and play until everyone is tired.

Comments

• Niniel
    Niniel
    >I’m sure most gaming groups are like mine and play until everyone is tired.

My current group has a strict end time of 22h because of bus scheduling issues (and we all work the next day, having 3 people crash on my couch is not an option). If we change the starting hour (say, on a day none of us work) my players will ask for a starting hour and an end time, as they have other plans to attend to that do not involve my kitchen table (such as seeing their respective SO's).

My previous group's end hour varied depending on the week, as one guy was on a rotating shift.

End dates are useful if you're running a LARP/ARG or hybrid game.

So my point is, they are useful fields to a lot of groups/situations ;-)
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I agree with Niniel,

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Krothos
    Krothos
    ... then more emphasis on the "not required" part of the request. ;-)
  • andreww38
    andreww38
    We're working on the following updates to event dates:

1) Being able to manually enter dates, so you could put 2025 or 2500 if you'd like. We seem to have an issue working out dates beyond 3000 AD, without having a tech working on it for a big chunk of time.

2) Previously, events beyond the actual date (eg: Feb 2016) would not appear. We're putting a fix so that something in 2017, 2025 will appear in the adventure log.

These fixes should be coming in in the coming week (eg: Feb 8-12). Note that all fixes are in beta, so if they break, or they break something else in the system, this is prety normal as we refine the fixes.

No, the sky is not falling.

Yes, we'll do everything we'll do everything we can to fight the future and prevent Cyberdyne Systems from initiating Judgement Day.

Hasta la vista, baby!
    Post edited by andreww38 on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Hopefully the fact that Australia has never had the proper time will also be fixed.

Just trying to help out.

• andreww38
    andreww38
    We had the techs spend 2 days trying to replicate the issue, but they had difficulty reproducing it.

If it occurs again, I'll flag it as a priority issue for them to work through.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    It always occurs- my player in Tasmania has had to adjust to it, and some others have made tickets on it.

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987
    Just to interject my 2 cents here. My group ALWAYS goes on a set start and end time. And we meet IRL. We are fortunate enough to meet every Saturday, but its is always from 5PM-10PM

Keelah Se'lai,
    Keryth
    "Shadows Over New York":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york
    "2013 Campaign of The Year":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/2013-coty-shadows-over-new-york/
    "Campaign of the Month July 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/shadows-over-new-york-julys-campaign-of-the-month/

• andreww38
    andreww38
    @kvp - could you post or PM me your player who is facing the issue in Tasmania? We'll contact them and troubleshoot the issue. Thanks.
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    Guess I misspoke when I mentioned that "most" gaming groups are like mine. My apologies.

I would like to amend my request to only modify the end date/time so that it isn't a required field for those of us (i.e. me lol) that don't end gaming at a specific time. :)
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    There is a ticket open about the Australia time issue- in fact there are at least 2.

Just trying to help out.

• andreww38
    andreww38
    Thanks for flagging the issues. We'll assign resources to take a deeper look and try to kill this bug.