Nominate COTM Here!

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

The basic issue at the moment is that the CotM task is divided in two. The selection committee (made up of users) chooses the campaign each month and then conducts and posts the interview.

Once the winner is determined, the committee notifies the support staff (made up of kaleidoscope employees), via the ticketing system, who then apply the badges and add the new CotM to the campaigns page.

This process was working, however, following the recent silence of OPSupport, and what appears to be a changeover in at least some of the support staff, the second half of the process has fallen off since November.

I made contact with the new OPSupport, and I'm hoping that things will get back up and running again. I've also expressed interest to them in seeing if there is any mechanism by which the selection committee could initiate the second half of the process automatically, but that's obviously out of my hands (and remains to be seen).

For the moment that's the best answer we can give on this issue. Hopefully it's enough, and we'll provide updates as we get them.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

You are in contact with NewOPsupport?

Cause I was worried, since it coming up a month since they said anything here.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Sorry, that might have come out slightly differently than intended. Attempting to re-establish contact would be more accurate. I spoke with new-OPSupport one-on-one about two and a half weeks ago and the word at that time was that he was getting settled in and learning the lay of the land.

I've sent him another message via the same method as before and am currently waiting to see if I hear back. If I don't get a reply in a few days or so, I guess we've got an issue again.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

We've all submitted tickets. That's the best anyone on the committee can do. I agree that the situation is unfortunate.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Very sad- what happened to the promised quarterly meetings with the CTO?

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

That was with John, who is - as far as I can tell, gone now - or at least not actively working on OP anymore. Sad, since he was doing so well in the early days of my working with him.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Abu.  I know well.  I have sent a full page explanation to cgregory.  I have contacted OPSupport twice about it and have two different ticket numbers.  Unless you give me the home address of that dude they call OPSupport, and unless he is based in Glasgow, there is little else I can do.  sad

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Closing date for Nominations for January 2017 CotM was five days ago.  Still waiting for a couple of CotM member entries so expect a bit of delay around this time of year but I will let the winner know as soon as I can and announce as soon as possible after that. 

Inner Council Member

• cgregory
    cgregory

Are we doing a COTY this year?

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

We are hoping to.  Needs some assistance from OPSupport.  Will be in touch January.

Inner Council Member

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Good luck, although it is still a shame that people missed out on some great campaigns that were not featured this year.

Hopefully if they do it they can work out some of the bugs from previous years, like the winner not getting the prize for 7 months....

Just trying to help out.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

March CotM??

Of course, it literally posts within minutes of my question.
    http://blog.obsidianportal.com/obsidian-portal-campaign-month-march-2017-nocturnum-rebirth/#more-3165
    Post edited by abu_is_evil on

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

CotM for March is now live on the blog, enjoy!

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Is it just me (my computer) or does the interview appear out of synch with the rest of the blog?

• Kallak
    Kallak

Argh, this issue again. I'm not sure of the exact reasoning why it happens sometimes, but it's certainly annoying. 

I think it has something to do with caching that is somehow linked to the SSL changes that were made back when. If you change the protocol from http to https, the correct styling displays, but then the blog image at the top gets garbled up.

I've contacted support on this, and hopefully we'll get it resolved once and for all. 

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Just a heads up, if you click the link to the interview from http://blog.obsidianportal.com/ (landing page) the interview displays as wrongly as I posted above. Not sure if that's helpful just providing info...

Post edited by Jim_Mount on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Any new nominations left here before the 20th of each month will be picked up by the CotM team for the following month.  We usually keep these in a running list - but there is no harm in reinforcing your submission with a follow up!  wink

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• JackassTester
    JackassTester

I wish to nominate Star Trek:  Aftermath http://star-trek-aftermath.obsidianportal.com/ for COTM

• TheOriginator
    TheOriginator
    I'd like to nominate our current campaign: Profane Legacy. We're just about to have our 50th session of play!

http://profanelegacy.obsidianportal.com/
  • abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Congrats on 50 sessions- that is a significant milestone!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hi All

This is a gentle reminder to all that today is the last day for submissions for CotM candidates to be considered for next month.

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hi Folks!  Remember this is the place to nominate any campaigns for Campaign of the Month.  All entries here posted before the 21st of the month will be considered for the next month.

Thanks!

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

It's TIME OUT!  Any new sites nominated after this message will be added to the following month.  Closing date for contenders for June CotM is 20 May 2017.

Thanks!

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Any new nominations for Campaign of the Month?  All entries pasted here by 20 May 2017 will be considered.  cool

Inner Council Member

• DM_Mike
    DM_Mike

My players would be excited to see their Campaign up in lights...

https://thegaeleanchronicles.obsidianportal.com/

DM_Mike

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Thanks DM_Mike and thanks KVP.  For all others, please submit any new campaigns for consideration by 20 May 2017.

Inner Council Member

• Maksim_Kotelnikov
    Maksim_Kotelnikov

This is my first campaign, but, maybe, you will like it.

https://last-parsec.obsidianportal.com/

• cgregory
    cgregory

Hi Maksim, I've added it into the list of nominations. It looks great. Love the CSS transformations on the character pics.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016