For people with RL games or "Maker" types

weasel0
weasel0
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
So I've made this investment:
"The GlowForge 3D Laser":http://glowforge.com/referred/?kid=S9cVTm

I'm hoping it's going to rock as much as the video for it claims it will, and not wind up like the Carvewright. Drag and drop, custom 3D cutting and engraving. I don't remember where or how I saw it, but as soon as I saw the video for it I knew I needed to have it for when I can get some local games back up and running. The video has a leather wallet cut out and "embossed" by the laser. The embossing is a map! For get the wallet....it's now a RL leather scroll prop to hand the players! Other 3D props. Check out the giant globe light out of cardboard. Now make local topography in whatever size square(or the superior Hex ;p) you want! Custom plaques and awards for your players or IG awards made in RL. A deed to a castle!!...or marshland.

I know many people don't come through here anymore and this is out of the "everyday" price range but.....the PROPS!!!!

I'm also going to use it for my church for who knows what yet. Important notes: the bed has a depth of 1/2' but the Pro's passthrough limits to 1/4". I think that's the only thing that isn't spelled out clearly in the description. Also, the link I put up is a referral link to get some money off the price for whoever wants to use it and myself.

Comments