Bold Text

Comments

• tempest675
    tempest675
    When I post a new entry into the Adventure Log, it shows up as bold even if I do no coding to make it that way. But then when I click on the same entry to view the wiki, it's back to normal. Is this normal, or is there something I can include so that it won't be bold anymore?

Thank you.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Are you using the WYSIWYG editor or the the textile/html formating for your wiki entry?

Check to make sure if you are using the textile/html formating, that you don't have any stray "*" or "< b >".

Also, sometimes if you edit a wiki, save it which takes you to what it looks like, and then you hit "back" rather then the edit button again, the cache gets stuck on your browser. Try saving the wiki it should be, refreshing the page, hitting the edit buttonm make your change, save it and then refresh again.
  • tempest675
    tempest675
    I'm using the textile formating, but the only actual formating I have there is to make a heading. The rest is normal. No quotes or anything. It's only in bold on the front page. When you click on the link, it looks normal.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Do you have a link?
  • tempest675
    tempest675
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/risingtide

That's where it's appearing in bold, down under "A Beginning."

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/risingtide/adventure-log/a-beginning

And here it's appearing normal.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Ok that's strange. Try this...

Go to the adventure log, edit the page, copy everything in that field. Save it.

Clear your browser's cache.

Go to home page, edit the entry, paste everything from the field to that. Save it.

Clear your browser's cache.

Refresh.
  • kresnik_alchemist
    kresnik_alchemist
    This is extremely baffling. I have tried everything to try and figure it out. I tried what you said redstar and got the same results. I even tried removing all of the textile formatting and used the WYSIWYG editor and still got the same thing.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Ok yeah I'm super confused too then. Maybe send a message to Micah with your porblem? I'd include a link to your campaign, your user name and when it happened about. He is the moderator for the site and the forums. He can help you out if anyone can.

Sorry guys :\
  • kresnik_alchemist
    kresnik_alchemist
    Thanks for trying to help though, we really appreciate the effort.
  • kresnik_alchemist
    kresnik_alchemist
    As much as I can tell, the true problem lies with Firefox, it doesn't matter what version you use, it shows things wrong.