Hiding Elements

Krothos
Krothos
edited August 2015 in Campaign Portal Building
Possible to completely hide (no mouse hovering this time) the following on the right column?
- player icons located under the character icons
- fans
- comments

I already have the CSS code to hide the Google map that appears. I just need the element names to the other items I have listed.

When finished, this should leave only the GM icon, the PC character icons, gaming system, and the stream.

~ Krothos :)

Comments

• Unknown
    Alright, here we go:

1) .sidebar-party-members .user-container
    2) #campaign-quick-stats .fan-count-wrapper, .sidebar-quick-stats .become-a-fan-button
    3) .comment-count-wrapper

Those are all going to get the display:none added to them (could do it in one deceleration really). Think that should cover it.
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    Perfect! Thanks again, Alex! This is what I developed (in case others who want to do the same on their site).

.where-we-game-container { display: none }
    .user-container { display: none }
    .fan-count-wrapper { display: none }
    .become-a-fan-button { display: none }
    .comment-count-wrapper { display: none }
  • Unknown
    You can write that like this if you like:

.where-we-game-container, .user-container, .fan-count-wrapper, .become-a-fan-button, .comment-count-wrapper {
    display: none;
    }
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    Sweet! Thanks! :)
  • Langy
    Langy
    Which browser do you use? The way I find most of this information is through Chrome's 'Inspect Element' feature in the right-click menu, which goes into a mode which allows you to click different items to inspect them, and gives you a peek at the page's source code. This can give you insight into what classes and element types the page has, and on the right you can modify the CSS of the currently-selected element.
  • Unknown
    The same works in Firefox as well, I use both it and Chrome.
  • Langy
    Langy
    Yeah. Firefox's version is more fully featured if I remember right, but I don't actually remember what the differences are - it's been quite a while since I've had it installed. Chrome's is good enough for my uses.
  • Unknown
    They are about equal these days
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    I'm using IE 11, and never thought to look at that feature (F12). It's always been "above my head" until now. This is like learning a new language. :)
  • Unknown
    But it is a really fun one to learn!
  • Veilheim
    Hey Alex, how would I do the same with the gamemaster? Meaning: what's the tag for the game master section of the right bar on the front page? I can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks,
    -V
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    .game-master
  • Unknown
    Krothos is correct, but we can provide some options with that box actually:

.game-master will touch just the bar with the GM pic, name, and icon.
    .player-characters will touch just the listing of characters/player characters under the GM box
    .sidebar-party-members will hit both the .game-master and .player-characters

So, depending on what the primary goal is with this area pick the one that is best for you.