cant add new adventure logs

NikMak
NikMak
edited May 2015 in Campaign Portal Building
hi all,

I can no longer 'create a new post' in the adventure log section of my campaign, is any one else having this trouble or just me?

something has obviously been changed since the 27th of April (the date of the last update i submitted)...

any way , the trouble ticket is here if you want to add your voice to it

http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/17054-cant-submit-new-adventure-logs

Comments

• ketherian
    ketherian
    I made a quick test post in my adventure log today (using the *Create a New Post*button at the top of the Adventure Log page).
    The page was created properly.

My players added several adventure log posts to my campaign site on May 2nd -- and I've edited each a few times since then. No problems.
    It's pretty obvious we're using different CSS for the page, but since you don't mention having changed that recently, I can't see it being the problem.
    What's your browser and version? Is java enabled?
    Do other buttons on your site work?

Sorry for the odd questions, but I'm trying to figure this out; and I don't really know where to start.
    --
    ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":swtwc.obsidianportal.com Chapter 2: A war for all ages.
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    all help appreciated

I have had this issue before, but usually simply reloading the page, or going to an older adventure log page fixed it. not any more

browser is Chrome (Version 42.0.2311.135 m), java enabled (though i cant recall when it was last updated...), all other buttons seem to work as far as I can tell, and one of the other players actually pointed out to me the button wasnt working, as he was submitting that sessions write up...

its been months since i made any changes to the CCS or done nay major face lifts to the web site

there are two things I have done recently

1) add the floating right hand Nav bar to some older wiki pages recently - though as I recall they adventure logs have had that for ages, it was a bunch older wiki pages i added the nav bar to

2) add the 'hide-for-small' command to the floating right hand nav bar call command on each page
    Post edited by NikMak on
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    i have deleted the right hand nav menu from the first four adventures and can use the create new adventure button on the adventure log for those pages again!

how odd, it seems something about the Navmenu and/or hide-for-small was masking the button!

good catch ketherian... now i need to figure out a way to be able to put this back together!
    Post edited by NikMak on
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    ok, so the floating nav bar on the main session write up is also ghosting itself into the adventure log pages, and Im not sure what to do about it.

Please help if you can, many thanks in advance! :)

1) "here is the problem":https://the-great-pendragon.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log

I dont need/want the right hand floating nav bar to appear on the adventure log page, it should be embedded in each session write up, not the log list

2) possibel solutions: can i do something to stop it ghosting onto the adventure log page? alternatively, can i do something with the Z settings to stop it interferreing with the adveture log page (the nav bar is already set to z=-350 and that makes no difference)

here is the CCS for the nav menue

/*Nav Menu Here*/

.NavMenu {padding:10px;margin:1px; position:fixed !important; z index:-350; right:25px; width:175px; top:36%; background-image: url("https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/images/2314265/labyrinthV6.jpg"); font-size:bold; font-family:Almendra SC ;color:#3F3; font-size:large;text-shadow: 1px 1px black; padding:1px; border-color:green; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; -moz-border-radius: 1em 4em 1em 4em; border-radius: 1em 4em 1em 4em;}

and each session write up has its own code in it to populate the buttons (originally i was going to have different buttons for different sections, but have given up on that idea!) the latest session write up is "here":https://the-great-pendragon.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/heave-a-stone

and the code on each page to populate the buttons in the nav bar is as follows

Home
    Inquisito
    Groups
    Families
    Post edited by NikMak on
  • Unknown
    You could try doing a bit of looking to find another higher class that bleeds into that on the page and use the not selector to make it not appear on those pages, best I can think of.
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    Hmm, interesting, will have a think about that; do you know what the 'bleed through from page x to show on page y' command is?
  • Unknown
    I think for your purposes it would look something like this (place this with line 208 where you have your NavMenu code already, just make it look like I have here and test):

.NavMenu:not(.adventure-log-index) {

}

The variables you are using for the menu should not need to be changed for this to work out. I may be a little off on that, and it might take some experimentation, but that is essentially how you write a not declaration. As an additional example, I have some CSS I run to make it look like links that are clicked have been depressed, but this effect does not work great on some of the buttons on the site and causes odd issues. So I have written the CSS for that like so:

/* LOOK PUSHED ON CLICK */
    a:not(.corner-add-button):not(.close-reveal-modal):not(.alert-button):active {
    position:relative;
    top:1px;
    }
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    Cool, many thanks. I will play around with it and let you know what happens over the next week sometime.
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    sorry for the delay, not had time to look at this yet, i WILL get it done and will get back to you about it. but it may take a while! :)