Disabling "Email All" by default in Forums

DDK
DDK
edited March 2015 in Campaign Portal Building
Having Email All on by default is absurd. How do I disable this ridiculous setting?

Comments

• ketherian
    ketherian
    It's a setting in your profile.
    Go to your campaign's dashboard, and click on your name.
    Then on the *profile* page, click on the *edit profile* link.
    Under *Email Contact Settings*, there's several options.
    Unselect *Receive notifications on ALL forum posts? *to stop getting forum updates.

Hope this helps
    --
    ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":https://swtwc.obsidianportal.com
  • DDK
    DDK
    Thanks but that's not what I was after. This is a campaign setting. All my profile options for email contact are already unchecked. When I create or modify a forum post, it has "Email All" (i.e. all the players in the campaign) selected by default. Sometimes I forget to uncheck it which sends out five bloody emails to everyone telling them I've made a post to the forum. It's utterly absurd that this is the default setting and that there is, as far as I can tell, no way to change it.
  • cgregory
    cgregory
    Hi DDK, Kehterian is correct that is where you unselect it for all the campaigns you are part of.

However, I believe the unselect *Recieve notification on all forum post* used to work, but currently it does not. The unselect works for the character edits and wiki edits, just not forum posts.

(actually, it might be working if my players reply to a forum post via an email reply or it just might not send a notification if a player replys to a forum post by email.) I know one of my players almost always replies to forum posts straight from his email and I never get a notification of his posts, but then I have forum notifications turned off.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• ketherian
    ketherian
    Sorry DDK.
    If the profile page doesn't change the behaviour for you, I suggest you report it as a bug.

Good luck
    --
    ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":https://swtwc.obsidianportal.com