Hello from Richmond, VA

DurEdhil
edited June 2008 in Player Lounge

Comments

• DurEdhil
    Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I am a gamer/GM.

I have been playing pen and paper games for the last 20 years or so and have played/GMed a ton of different games. L5R, D20, Tri-Stat, GURPS, Shadowrun, etc. to name a few.

As the Gurps campaign I was in comes to a pause for a few months (GM is leaving the country) I am thinking of starting another L5R group and giving OP a try. There is a lot here and I am looking forward to playing with it.

I am sure I will have tons of questions and look forward to meeting with you all over time. Until then, may all your endeavors be a critical success.

~Mike
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hi Mike! I'm always jealous of the folks who've been at this for a long long time. I *wanted* to get into games when I was a teenager, but just didn't hang with the right crowd and really wouldn't have made a good GM to start anything myself. I was out of college before I rolled my first character. =)

I'm fascinated by your login name. Is there any nifty history behind it - a long-dead heroic character or anything cool like that? (Mine's simply a reflection of the half-dozen female characters I have archived here, and the dozen or so more that I haven't.)
  • DurEdhil
    Hey FemmeLegion,

*WARNING*

The level of geekiness in the following message was obtained by a trained professional. Do not try this at home.

The name Dûr Edhil means Dark Elf in the language "Sindarin":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sindarin. If you didn't know, Sindarin is the language created by Tolkien to be Middle Elven, or Common Elven. Back in high school some friends of mine were really into Tolkien and gave me the name because of my real life Elven features and my love of Dark Elves in RPGs.
  • Oompa
    Oompa
    You take geekiness to an whole new level.. :P :P

Nah Kidding, Welcome to the boards and have fun :D
  • Bookkeeper
    Bookkeeper
    Welcome from one new old gamer to another.

Glad to see another L5R player hanging about!