Hero Designer HTML Files/Character Sheets

BeZurKur
BeZurKur
edited January 2015 in Campaign Portal Building
I'm kicking off a HERO system campaign. The software for the HERO system is HERO Designer. It creates the character sheets in HTML so that when I click on the file, it opens a window within my web-browser and the character sheet formatted to fit. I'd like to have those accessible through the character section for the campaign. Is there a way to have that? (FWIW, I do know there is a dynamic style sheet available for HERO, and it looks great, however, I'm not looking to create a character with Hero Designer and then retyping out all the info again for the style sheet.) Anyhow, is there any way to put what already uses my web browser to show the characters and put that on Obsidian Portal?

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory
    If the Hero Designer creates the style formatting inline rather than using an external css you might be able to open the html file in notepad (or any text editor) and just copy and paste the source html for each character into the obsidian portal.

If it uses an external css, you might be able to add that to your custom css for your site.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• bluesguy
    bluesguy
    @BeZurKur

You can just open the HD HTML output file in a text editor of your choice and past the results into the appropriate place in Obsidian Portal.

I would suggest looking into one of the 'minimal' HTML export files that are posted in the Hero Game site - there are a number of very good free export file options available to you from there.
  • BeZurKur
    BeZurKur
    Thanks, guys.

I tried those options and I get some weird formatting issues, including but not limited to tiny tables and strikethrough characters (where there are none). I'll keep trying different output files. I've been at it for a couple of hours now. :-/
  • cgregory
    cgregory
    @BeZurKur,

Yeah you are getting strikethrough characters and other formatting issues because the textile syntax messing with your html

For example

notextile. -strikethrough- is showing up like

-strikethrough-

you can fix this a couple ways

but spaces between the - and the letters

- no strikethrough - because of spaces between them and letters.

or put notextile. in front of each block of html code

notextile. -strikethrough-

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016