Wiki's

Comments

• Oompa
    Oompa
    How many wiki pages can i create? I tried to make 5 separate pages by making links on the main page, but they all seem to link to the same page.. does this mean i can only have 2 wiki pages?
  • Oompa
    Oompa
    Can't anyone help?

If i make one wikipage called Cities on the main wiki page

{{Wiki Page Name | Cities}}

Then on the cities wiki i make an link to

{{Wiki Page Name | Fallcrest}}

Then i cant add content to Fallcrest page and if i make another page on the main wiki page it gets linked automaticly to the page where the fallcrestt link is placed..

I dont get it ;) Please help..

Oh and i did the brackets different, otherwise it wouldnt show up..
  • Micah
    Micah
    Try it like this:

[[Cities | Cities]]

or like this:

[[Cities | Cities of the Realm]]

The text before the pipe "|" is the name of the page (ie. Wiki Page Name) and the text after it is how you want it to display. So, in the example above, you get two links to the "Cities" page. The idea is to allow links to the same place with different text. That's how Wikipedia does it as well.

For what you're trying to do, you probably want this:

[[Cities]]
    [[Fallcrest]]

or this:

[[Cities | Cities]]
    [[Fallcrest | Fallcrest]]
  • Oompa
    Oompa
    My hero ;)
  • redstar
    redstar
    Micah, you receive 250 exp for defeating this question. Amongst the question's belongings are 100 gp, a masterwork short sword and a strange map.
  • Oompa
    Oompa
    Is an public wiki page editable by everyone on the site or only the players? And if i make it an gm page, is it still visable to the others but not editable?
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Only players in the campaign will have the ability to edit a campaign's wiki page. "Public" in this case means anybody could view it and leave a comment on it.

GM-only pages are not visible to anybody but the GM of the campaign. I have used this feature in the past when writing up summary notes or narratives, so that people don't read it before it's done. It's also handy if you want to write up facts that will be "sprung on" the players in future sessions - just leave those data in a GM-only page (or a GM-only section within a page), then all you have to do is copy and paste into a publicly viewable section or page. While I've not yet actually created or run a campaign, I know myself well enough to know that I would have some really great idea for a plot twist or character twist two days after a session...and completely forget it before next session. Or worse, only partially forget it and then beat my head trying to remember the rest of it. ;) Writing it down while it's in my head is vital.
  • Oompa
    Oompa
  • whkeeler
    whkeeler
    When ever i drop an NPC or PC reference in a paragraph i.e. [[:####]] it turns the whole line or paragraph to italics. How do I keep the non-linked text normal? Thanks in advance!
  • redstar
    redstar
    When you use an NPC/PC tag, type the following:

bq. [[:1234 | Bob the NPC]]
  • whkeeler
    whkeeler
    Thank you Redstar! Works great!