Invisible NPCs?

kitsuki
kitsuki
edited June 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• kitsuki
    kitsuki
    This is not a huge deal, but when I made a character and clicked it to not visible, I kind of expected that I would be the only one who could see it at all. My players saw on both my page and recent activity that I had added a new character to the developing campaign. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but in this case the name itself was a mild reveal.

My question, then, is this: Would it be possible for me to add a character that was truly invisible to everyone else on the Portal? (Not a priority thing at all, since I can certainly work around it. I just won't add secret characters to OP at all until they're revealed in game.)
  • Micah
    Micah
    I need to go through and revise all the public/private/visible/invisible stuff with characters. It has grown over time and really has no underlying design philosophy. As such, it's confusing and I'm not even sure how everything works now.

To make a character totally private, check the "private" box on the edit screen. Then, if they're an NPC, mark them as "GM only" The only place they will show up then is in the recent updates section. Even then, if someone clicks on it they will see a "sorry you're not authorized to see this" message.

At least, that's how it's supposed to work... ;)
  • kitsuki
    kitsuki
    Thanks for the response!

Just to clarify: if I do all of that, the NPC should not show up on my profile page?