Linking to core ID in character pages misses character name

Dethstryke
Dethstryke
edited September 2014 in Campaign Portal Building
I have links from my digital gaming platform to wiki / character pages in obsidian portals as hand-outs, essentially.

I leave character pages generally as-is, but the navigation + dragon + banner takes up the whole screen when I go to the base page... I'd much rather the link go directly to the relevant content. For instance, I might have this link:

http://mycampaign.obsidianportal.com/characters/whoeverNPC

and that takes some scrolling down to get to the point.

In order to get to the important content, I've included the ID "character-details" which is the closest ID built-in to where I want to start. So now the link would be:

http://mycampaign.obsidianportal.com/characters/whoeverNPC#character-details

Despite this section ID containing the Character-name title header, the links take me down so that the character name is above the screen, as it were.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might get the link to include the name of the character? I'm not against modifying the global CSS for the campaign, I just try to be lean on that. Plus, I'm really trying to decrease my administrative overhead for all of this. :)

Thanks for the look. My campaign is not public so the links are generic, but you can test this with anyone's base campaign.

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    Well, you aren't going to be able to actually change where the link to the ID goes to (and it overlaps because the top bar hangs down). However, a couple workarounds (both CSS):

1) Make the top bar transparent until you hover over it, so it won't obscure the title:

@/* TOP BAR HOVER TRANSPARENCY */
    #top-bar {opacity: 0; transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out;}
    #top-bar:hover {opacity: 1; transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out;}@

2) Remove the dragon area and extra highlight bars so the title is closer to the top and you don't have to link to the ID:

@/* REMOVES "HIGHLIGHTS" AND SPACE ABOVE BANNER */
    .campaign-public-layout .highlight-container {display:none;}
    .campaign-public-layout #campaign-summary-row .row {opacity: 0.0; height: 0px}@