I Don't Know How To Fix This

BrendonMize
BrendonMize
edited September 2014 in Campaign Portal Building
Since customer support is terrible, can someone tell me what "Uncaught QuotaExceededError" means when I inspect element on my campaign? Whenever I try to edit a wiki, the content box does not expand on its own and clicking on Character Link, Embed Picture, etc. does nothing but take me to the top of the page.

It worked fine a month ago, and I have been waiting a long time for help on the Help section...

Campaign is at: https://seekers-of-the-misty-isle.obsidianportal.com/

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    What browser and version are you using? It sounds like its on the client end - if so, OP support won't be able to help you beyond basic troubleshooting tips.

If you're using one of the Big Five (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) then the first thing I would check is that you are using the latest version.
  • BrendonMize
    BrendonMize
    Chrome Version Version 37.0.2062.102 m

Java Version 7 Update 67 (build 1.7.0_67-b01)

I do not use any popup blockers or ad blocker software. I have the internal popup blocker with Chrome set to "Always allow from this site."

I just tried it with Internet Explorer 11 and it seems to work just fine. I do not understand how it can, literally, suddenly not work with Chrome. I haven't used Internet Explorer for so long I had to search programs for a shortcut to it.

I would rather not be forced to use Internet Explorer to have to edit my site.
  • BrendonMize
    BrendonMize
    http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/14255-editing-has-a-problem
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    It is possible a setting related to scripts or Java got changed. Have you tried resetting your browser settings? In Chrome, Settings > Show advanced settings > Reset browser settings (at the bottom). Also the standard step of clearing browser history/cache.

Pop-up blockers shouldn't matter since these are internal to the application (not true pop-ups in the sense that you get a new browser window).
  • jon_stout
    jon_stout
    Sounds like a JavaScript error to me. Go to View > Developer > JavaScript Console in Chrome and try reloading the page. If there's an error, you should see something come up there.
  • BrendonMize
    BrendonMize
    Basileus, major kudos to you. Resetting browser settings worked like a champ. I... am ashamed I didn't think of that.
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    Awesome, glad to hear it worked.

That's one of those habits picked up working in IT for a few years... any time some inexplicable errors showed up and there weren't any clear resolutions, clear the cache and reset browser settings.