Changing background graphic and dragon's head

SpaceBadger
SpaceBadger
edited June 2014 in General Archive
I don't really want the background graphic - would prefer just solid black - or the dragon's head symbol on each of my pages.

Is Ascendant membership needed to change both of these, or is there something I can do now, while I am experimenting and making my decision as to whether or not to go Ascendant?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak
    You'll need ascendant membership, as the Custom CSS is needed to remove/alter these.
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • IanHoulihan
    IanHoulihan
    OK, I have ascended membership. How is this done?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Set the z index to something negative- I tend to really go far- here is my code for it
    ==.flame-dragon {z-index: -100; height:15px;}==

killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak
    If you're looking to have no dragon head and a plan black background, the following should get you setup:

@.campaign-public-layout .page-background {background:none;background-color:black;}
    .campaign-public-layout .flame-dragon {display:none;}@
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    on a related note - can i get some 'z-index' help? (this is all part of re-formatting the character layout by the way, using the tiled character layout that has been posted on several threads previously)

I want to stack three things on top of each other (a 'character sketch' img, 'name plate' img and then the text for the character on top the 'nameplate' img... i have been trying several "z-index: -10" (etc) but cant manage to get them to stack.... any suggestion as to what i may be doing wrong?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Is your placement correct? Doing the exact px distance, or % distance, for each piece?

Just trying to help out.

• NikMak
    NikMak
    i think so,

if you go here - https://practice2.obsidianportal.com/characters

you will see what I am trying to achieve - you can see the name plates in place for each character tile, and you can see the character image for Dianna in place (the only one I have done so far)

but the name plate for Dianna is behind her character image for some reason...

I was hoping to do it this way so i dont have to completely re-format all my pre-existing character images to include a 'name plate' at the bottom (yes, i am lazy, its often the source of my best work ;) )
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    @NikMak

If you're looking at layering images to add a name plate stamp or the like, make sure the topmost image is listed first in the "background-image" property.
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    More by luck than skill; but it turns out they are already listed in the order you recommend.

Im starting to suspect i will have to re-do each character image to include the nameplate - not difficult but monotonous :) ahh well, i was planning to standardize the character portraits at some point in the future anyway!
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    If you want me to take a look at what you've got at some point let me know. Happy to help out if requested.
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    Thats really kind of you :) thanks.

I would welcome the help in tidying up my code once i have it sorted (too many !important tags by far my liking), and there are few glitches here and there that need sorting as well

I will sort out the character portraits and then make a 'snagging list' and get back in touch with you. Its likely to be a while however, as working on the web site is my 7th or 8th priority most evenings!