question about auto-length

Ckorik
Ckorik
edited March 2014 in Campaign Portal Building
I have a sidebar on my wiki pages - however with the new format the pages don't set the length long enough to cover the sidebar (if they are short) - is there a way to make sure the minimum 'length' of a wiki page is at least as long as the sidebar?

For reference here is my sidebar code...

INDEX *[[Main Page]]*
*[[Current Tasks]]*
*"Adventure Log":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ckoriks-rise-of-the-runelords/adventure-log*
*[[House Rules]]*
*[[Player Handouts]]* +*REFERENCES*+

*People*
*[[Players| PCs]]*
*[[NPCs| NPCs]]*

*Places*
*[[Countries]]*
*[[Cities]]*
*[[Regions]]*
*[[Important Sites]]*
*[[Maps]]*

*Groups*
*[[Races]]*
*[[Religions]]*
*[[Organizations]]*

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    I'm not 100% on this (your pages are private so I couldn't poke around to see how it might interact with other elements), but it should be a matter of simply setting the "min-height" property on your main-content container. Something like this:

@.main-content-container {min-height: 100%;}@

If the percentage doesn't work, just pick a raw pixel length that is long enough to account for the sidebar. For example:

@.main-content-container {min-height: 1024px;}@

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify, that is CSS to drop in your campaign settings (under Advanced), in case that wasn't clear.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • Ckorik
    Ckorik
    I went ahead and made the site public to get some help - if you click on 'wiki' you can see from the first page what I mean - I tried both versions of that in my CSS settings but it didn't seem to affect it.

*edit*

link: https://ckoriks-rise-of-the-runelords.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page
    Post edited by Ckorik on
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    Ah, now I see what you are doing. So we'll want to set that same property but to a different element. Try this:

@body.campaign-public-layout .post-main.post-section {min-height: 530px;}@

The default is 430px. 530 should cover you but you can play with the exact number to get the look you want.

Also, delete the old code I gave you. It would only apply if you set the background on your whole main content area (I do, but only to simplify how some of my CSS behaves, it isn't the OP default). For you it is simply adding a bunch of blank space at the bottom of your pages.

EDIT: By the way, excellent background!!! I didn't even notice it at first. That just made my day! :D
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • Ckorik
    Ckorik
    Thank you for your help - that fixed the issue :)