Resize main panel

Farlingdale
Farlingdale
edited March 2014 in Feature Requests
There was a change of default layout in the last year (I don't remember exactly when).

I would like the middle (main) panel to resize when the window is resized, I would like this to be the default, since there's no reason for it NOT to resize.

(Coincidentally, my Facebook news feed has turned into the same horrible fixed-width setting. While it might help get the layout good on smaller devices, it is totally lost on existing monitors where I can widen the window to see more text on the screen.)

Comments

• Thorvaldr
    Thorvaldr
    Yeah, that was the Reforge. Page sizing was actually one of the first things I worked on, so I had forgotten that scaling was no longer present!

Here's how I think we got Tyellador resizing, put the following in your CSS area:

bc. .main-content-container {width:65% !important;}

You'll probably have to mess with the width sizing percentage a bit to get it right, but I think that should do it! Just ask if you need any more help.

-Thorvaldr
    DM of "Tyellador":https://tyellador.obsidianportal.com/
    Post edited by Thorvaldr on
  • Farlingdale
    Farlingdale
    I'm not sure that the CSS does anything, compared to a campaign without the setting.

It doesn't allow the window to stretch wider, so that the outer two columns are always at the edges of the browser window and the "main-container" fills up the rest of the width of the browser (this is on a screen 1920 pixels wide).
    Post edited by Farlingdale on
  • Thorvaldr
    Thorvaldr
    Oooh... I may not have fully understood what you wanted! So no matter how big you make your window, you want the main container to take up the entire space?

The easiest thing to do (I think) is going to be to change the "Content Max Width" area in the Advanced tab of your settings. You can just throw 1920 in there, and I believe everything scales up to that, and it also seems to re-scale things as you shrink your window.

The problem here is that it's also going to scale your side menu sizes as well. So I'd also throw the following code into your CSS section:

bc. #content .front-nav-container {width: 170px;}
    #sidebar {max-width: 200px; width: 15%}
    #content .main-content-container {width: 65%;}

That first line sets the width of your left sidebar, the second line the width of your right sidebar. The max-width puts an upper limit on how big that sidebar can get, and the width: 15% lets the sidebar "squish" a little bit, to help with resizing. The last line is the width of your main content area. You'll probably want to play with those numbers a bit to get everything looking right.

-Thorvaldr
    DM of "Tyellador":https://tyellador.obsidianportal.com/